Toolbar buttons
Author Message
 Toolbar buttons

A couple of minor niggles with Toolbar buttons

1) When manually adding buttons to a toolbar the first works but the second
causes a walkback

self addItem: ToolbarSystemButton print
self addItem: ToolbarSystemButton find

You have to use the following

self addItem: ToolbarButton find

For the WishList - It would be nice if the Toolbar's #items aspect menu
could list all the available System buttons to avoid the need for above
evaluations.

2) The bitmap offsets for ToolbarButton class >>find and findNext are
transposed

--
Ian
Due to spamming the reply-to address may only be valid for the next few

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 04:23:11 GMT
 Toolbar buttons

Quote:
> A couple of minor niggles with Toolbar buttons

> 1) When manually adding buttons to a toolbar the first works but the
second
> causes a walkback

> self addItem: ToolbarSystemButton print
> self addItem: ToolbarSystemButton find

> You have to use the following

> self addItem: ToolbarButton find

ToolbarButton employs the Factory pattern, that is you should really have
written:

    self addItem: ToolbarButton print.
    self assItem: ToolbarButton find.

Quote:
> For the WishList - It would be nice if the Toolbar's #items aspect menu
> could list all the available System buttons to avoid the need for above
> evaluations.

Good idea, #952.

Quote:

> 2) The bitmap offsets for ToolbarButton class >>find and findNext are
> transposed

Thanks, #953.

Regards

Blair

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:50:54 GMT

1. ToolBar Button, bitmap images

2. Toolbar button background color

3. Disabling Toolbar Buttons

4. Toolbar button enabling

5. How to handle the toolbar button click event ?

6. Enable Disable Toolbar Button

7. Toolbar button question

8. Sticking Toolbar Button

9. Trapping toolbar button events

10. Toolbar buttons - how right justify [2nd try!!]

11. Toolbar Button execting code

12. toolbar button vs. dropdown menu