Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0
Author Message
 Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0

Folks,

The much awaited new version of Dolphin Smalltalk is here!

We've chosen to call the new version, Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0. The "XP"
doesn't just mean that Dolphin runs under the latest Microsoft OS with the
new look and feel. Rather, we've chosen to add the suffix to imply that this
new Dolphin is decked out with a range of tools to support "eXtreme
Programming" (XP). This relatively new way of creating software concentrates
on agile develpoment methods and makes use of unit testing and refactoring
to boost Smalltalk's legendary programmer productivity even further (see
www.xprogramming.org for more details and links on XP).

This is the FIRST  Smalltalk development system to ship with the renown
Refactoring Browser built right into the base system(*). If you already know
about refactoring you'll realize what a serious boon this will be to your
everyday coding. Couple this with the built-in SUnit test framework, a new
System Browser and multi-view object exploring Inspector and Dolphin
Smalltalk gives you real tools that will set your programming alight.

If you'd like to read more about the new features in Dolphin XP 5 then
please visit our website or click straight through to:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Get eXtreme; Code Fast and Code Right. Move up to Dolphin XP today!

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Object Arts Ltd.
http://www.*-*-*.com/
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.*-*-*.com/
---

(*) Native Refactoring Browser support is only available in Dolphin
Professional. Refactoring Engine supplied by Refactory Inc.

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:47:53 GMT
 Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0

Quote:

>to boost Smalltalk's legendary programmer productivity even further (see
>www.xprogramming.org for more details and links on XP).

Well, www.extremeprogramming.org, or www.xprogramming.com ...

Gotta go buy my copy of D5 now. See you later ...

Ronald E Jeffries
http://www.XProgramming.com
http://www.objectmentor.com

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 05:04:36 GMT
 Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0
Andy and Blair,

Congratulations on the release of Dolphin XP 5.0. It is an amazing
environment to work in.

Thank-you!
Steve Waring

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:36:06 GMT
 Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0
Blair and Andy deserve the respect and thanks for the Smalltalk
community - they've labored long and hard.  Thanks guys -

jlo

Quote:

> Folks,

> The much awaited new version of Dolphin Smalltalk is here!

> We've chosen to call the new version, Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0. The "XP"
> doesn't just mean that Dolphin runs under the latest Microsoft OS with the
> new look and feel. Rather, we've chosen to add the suffix to imply that this
> new Dolphin is decked out with a range of tools to support "eXtreme
> Programming" (XP). This relatively new way of creating software concentrates
> on agile develpoment methods and makes use of unit testing and refactoring
> to boost Smalltalk's legendary programmer productivity even further (see
> www.xprogramming.org for more details and links on XP).

> This is the FIRST  Smalltalk development system to ship with the renown
> Refactoring Browser built right into the base system(*). If you already know
> about refactoring you'll realize what a serious boon this will be to your
> everyday coding. Couple this with the built-in SUnit test framework, a new
> System Browser and multi-view object exploring Inspector and Dolphin
> Smalltalk gives you real tools that will set your programming alight.

> If you'd like to read more about the new features in Dolphin XP 5 then
> please visit our website or click straight through to:
> http://www.object-arts.com/NewFeatures5.htm.

> Get eXtreme; Code Fast and Code Right. Move up to Dolphin XP today!

> Best Regards,

> Andy Bower
> Object Arts Ltd.
> http://www.object-arts.com
> ---
> Are you trying too hard?
> http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
> ---

> (*) Native Refactoring Browser support is only available in Dolphin
> Professional. Refactoring Engine supplied by Refactory Inc.

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:44:50 GMT
 Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0
Of course, I meant "from the Smalltalk community".  Ack!

jlo

Quote:

> Blair and Andy deserve the respect and thanks for the Smalltalk
> community - they've labored long and hard.  Thanks guys -

> jlo

>> Folks,

>> The much awaited new version of Dolphin Smalltalk is here!

>> We've chosen to call the new version, Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0. The "XP"
>> doesn't just mean that Dolphin runs under the latest Microsoft OS with
>> the
>> new look and feel. Rather, we've chosen to add the suffix to imply
>> that this
>> new Dolphin is decked out with a range of tools to support "eXtreme
>> Programming" (XP). This relatively new way of creating software
>> concentrates
>> on agile develpoment methods and makes use of unit testing and
>> refactoring
>> to boost Smalltalk's legendary programmer productivity even further (see
>> www.xprogramming.org for more details and links on XP).

>> This is the FIRST  Smalltalk development system to ship with the renown
>> Refactoring Browser built right into the base system(*). If you
>> already know
>> about refactoring you'll realize what a serious boon this will be to your
>> everyday coding. Couple this with the built-in SUnit test framework, a
>> new
>> System Browser and multi-view object exploring Inspector and Dolphin
>> Smalltalk gives you real tools that will set your programming alight.

>> If you'd like to read more about the new features in Dolphin XP 5 then
>> please visit our website or click straight through to:
>> http://www.object-arts.com/NewFeatures5.htm.

>> Get eXtreme; Code Fast and Code Right. Move up to Dolphin XP today!

>> Best Regards,

>> Andy Bower
>> Object Arts Ltd.
>> http://www.object-arts.com
>> ---
>> Are you trying too hard?
>> http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
>> ---

>> (*) Native Refactoring Browser support is only available in Dolphin
>> Professional. Refactoring Engine supplied by Refactory Inc.

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:50:41 GMT
 Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0
Hi Andy:

Congratulations!  This is a Wonderful Thing(tm).

Quote:

--
Thanks!!
Joseph Bacanskas [|]

Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:42:17 GMT

1. Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0 Trial Version Available

2. Dolphin Smalltalk XP Set For May 3rd Release

3. Dolphin Smalltalk XP set for May 3rd release

4. VisualAge For Smalltalk 5.0 On Windows XP

5. Dolphin 5.0 Patch Level 2 Available

6. Dolphin 5.0 installation problems with normal user

7. ST3D now available for Dolphin 5.0

8. ST3D beta for Dolphin 5.0

9. Microsoft MMC Plugins with Dolphin 5.0?

10. Upgrade Policy for Dolphin 5.0

11. RB enhancements in Dolphin 5.0

12. [ANN] ST3D now available for Dolphin 5.0