Launching the default email client with a specified email address
Author Message
 Launching the default email client with a specified email address

Friends,

I know there is a way in Dolphin to launch the default web browser, and
point it to a specified URL.

Is there a similar way to launch the default email client from within
Dolphin, and specify a value for the email address ?

Best wishes,

Ken Lee

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:18:39 GMT
 Launching the default email client with a specified email address
Hi Ken,

I am not sure if this is what you are after, but try evaluating;

If you want more control, I believe that there are COM interfaces you can
generate.

Steve

Quote:
> Friends,

> I know there is a way in Dolphin to launch the default web browser, and
> point it to a specified URL.

> Is there a similar way to launch the default email client from within
> Dolphin, and specify a value for the email address ?

> Best wishes,

> Ken Lee

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:05:47 GMT
 Launching the default email client with a specified email address
Steve -

Quote:
> I am not sure if this is what you are after, but try evaluating;

Thanks a lot ! This is a great start, but on my NT 4.0 machine, running
Outlook Express, although launches the email client, and sets the email
address correctly, the subject does not seem to appear.

I also tried it this way:

| blah |
blah := 'Hello World'.

...but the value of blah did not appear in the subject heading either.

Best wishes,

Ken

Quote:
> If you want more control, I believe that there are COM interfaces you
can
> generate.

If this is the only way to go, I can come up to speed on COM, but it has
been a few years, and I would rather leave it alone ;-)

Quote:
> Steve

> > Friends,

> > I know there is a way in Dolphin to launch the default web browser,
and
> > point it to a specified URL.

> > Is there a similar way to launch the default email client from
within
> > Dolphin, and specify a value for the email address ?

> > Best wishes,

> > Ken Lee

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:48:20 GMT
 Launching the default email client with a specified email address
Hi Ken,

Hope that works better!
Steve

Quote:
> Steve -

> > I am not sure if this is what you are after, but try evaluating;

> Thanks a lot ! This is a great start, but on my NT 4.0 machine, running
> Outlook Express, although launches the email client, and sets the email
> address correctly, the subject does not seem to appear.

> I also tried it this way:

> | blah |
> blah := 'Hello World'.

> ...but the value of blah did not appear in the subject heading either.

> Best wishes,

> Ken

> > If you want more control, I believe that there are COM interfaces you
> can
> > generate.

> If this is the only way to go, I can come up to speed on COM, but it has
> been a few years, and I would rather leave it alone ;-)

> > Steve

> > > Friends,

> > > I know there is a way in Dolphin to launch the default web browser,
> and
> > > point it to a specified URL.

> > > Is there a similar way to launch the default email client from
> within
> > > Dolphin, and specify a value for the email address ?

> > > Best wishes,

> > > Ken Lee

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:37:34 GMT
 Launching the default email client with a specified email address
Steve -

Quote:

> Hope that works better!

Perfect !

Thanks so much.

- Ken

Quote:

> > Steve -

> > > I am not sure if this is what you are after, but try evaluating;

> > Thanks a lot ! This is a great start, but on my NT 4.0 machine,
running
> > Outlook Express, although launches the email client, and sets the
email
> > address correctly, the subject does not seem to appear.

> > I also tried it this way:

> > | blah |
> > blah := 'Hello World'.

> > ...but the value of blah did not appear in the subject heading
either.

> > Best wishes,

> > Ken

> > > If you want more control, I believe that there are COM interfaces
you
> > can
> > > generate.

> > If this is the only way to go, I can come up to speed on COM, but it
has
> > been a few years, and I would rather leave it alone ;-)

> > > Steve

> > and

> > within

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:47:30 GMT
 Launching the default email client with a specified email address
Hi,
i believe it should be

(= instead of :)
Cheers
Wolfgang

Quote:
> Steve -

> > I am not sure if this is what you are after, but try evaluating;

> Thanks a lot ! This is a great start, but on my NT 4.0 machine, running
> Outlook Express, although launches the email client, and sets the email
> address correctly, the subject does not seem to appear.

> I also tried it this way:

> | blah |
> blah := 'Hello World'.

> ...but the value of blah did not appear in the subject heading either.

> Best wishes,

> Ken

> > If you want more control, I believe that there are COM interfaces you
> can
> > generate.

> If this is the only way to go, I can come up to speed on COM, but it has
> been a few years, and I would rather leave it alone ;-)

> > Steve

> > > Friends,

> > > I know there is a way in Dolphin to launch the default web browser,
> and
> > > point it to a specified URL.

> > > Is there a similar way to launch the default email client from
> within
> > > Dolphin, and specify a value for the email address ?

> > > Best wishes,

> > > Ken Lee

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:37:36 GMT
 Launching the default email client with a specified email address
Steve -

Quote:

> Hope that works better!

Here's a variation that allows you to specify text within the body of the
email message as well:

updates to Dolphin&body=Please notify me about updates to Dolphin'

Best wishes,

Ken

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 06:13:46 GMT

1. Getting default email address

2. HandyMailTemplates - how to get email address from a recipients address

3. specify reply-to field for email

4. specify reply-to field for email

5. Email Expert Advice Needed- Problems decoding email from Korea

6. Topica Email List Directory A very active email list for Win32Forth

7. Lost email formatting Email !

8. 7/8 bit email (Was: Re: OT: Uitgelijnde email verzenden)

9. email.Message question. including email attachments

10. default email server

11. C4 - TINTOOLS - OPENING EMAIL CLIENT

12. reg entry for email client