xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org
Author Message
 xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org

Hi,

I think it's important that we have a "XML" ASCII standard for storing BOTH
"Smalltalk source code" and "Smalltalk object instances".
Interoperatability is becoming very important and being able to share
object instances with other languages and systems would revolutionize the
Smalltalk usage in the real world.

In addition I think it's important that there be an Apache Web Server
module for Smalltalk. A ModSmalltalk. Any computer language that tightly
intergrates and interoperates with the Apache Web server in an Open Source
manner can gain prominance in the Web Site and Web Applications Market.
Smalltalk has an excellent potential to be the engine behind many powerful,
yet to be built, web sites.

Please see http://www.*-*-*.com/ and http://www.*-*-*.com/ for more
of this discussion...

All the best,

Peter William Lount

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Smalltalk.org is powered by http://www.*-*-*.com/ .

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org
Hi,

I think it's important that we have a "XML" ASCII standard for storing BOTH
"Smalltalk source code" and "Smalltalk object instances".
Interoperatability is becoming very important and being able to share
object instances with other languages and systems would revolutionize the
Smalltalk usage in the real world.

In addition I think it's important that there be an Apache Web Server
module for Smalltalk. A ModSmalltalk. Any computer language that tightly
intergrates and interoperates with the Apache Web server in an Open Source
manner can gain prominance in the Web Site and Web Applications Market.
Smalltalk has an excellent potential to be the engine behind many powerful,
yet to be built, web sites.

Please see http://xml.smalltalk.org and http://mod.smalltalk.org for more
of this discussion...

All the best,

Peter William Lount

http://www.smalltalk.org
http://mod.smalltalk.org
http://xml.smalltalk.org

Smalltalk.org is powered by http://www.zoku.net.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org

Quote:
> Please see http://xml.smalltalk.org and http://mod.smalltalk.org for more
> of this discussion...

Unable to locate http://xml.smalltalk.org

-A.R.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org

Quote:

> Unable to locate http://xml.smalltalk.org

Same holds for me...

Reinout Heeck
-------------

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org
I can get through, but takes a few goes using <Refresh> from my IE5

Denis

Quote:

>> Please see http://xml.smalltalk.org and http://mod.smalltalk.org for more
>> of this discussion...

>Unable to locate http://xml.smalltalk.org

>-A.R.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org
Hi,

We've been having some DNS problems. Try again.

Peter William Lount

http://www.smalltalk.org

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:01:51 GMT, "Peter William Lount"

Quote:

>Hi,

>We've been having some DNS problems. Try again.

>Peter William Lount

>http://www.smalltalk.org

I haven't been able to use http://xml.smalltalk.org but I was able to
use www.xml.smalltalk.or and www.mod.smalltalk.org.

James W. Howe
AppNet Inc.

Ann Arbor, MI  48108                    http://www.appnet.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. xml.smalltalk.org, mod.smalltalk.org and camp.smalltalk.org DNS problems resolved

2. new host at ruby-lang.org (or rubyist.org)

3. what happened to wxpython.org/wxwindows.org?

4. www.lisp.org and www.alu.org now point to ALU web site

5. Smalltalk in Slashdot.org

6. Smalltalk.org

7. camp.smalltalk.org