Refactoring browser bug
Author Message
 Refactoring browser bug

Let's create two methods in any object:

myMethod1
^ #('a' 'b')

myMethod2
^ #('a'), ('b')

In the second method select #('a') and try #Refactoring>>Extract method.
There is "Index 2 is out of bounds" error.

I suppose StLiteralArrayNode>>equalTo:withMapping: method should include
size checking:
self contents size = anObject contents size ifFalse: [ ^ false ].

--
Dmitry Zamotkin

Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:22:25 GMT
 Refactoring browser bug
Dmitry

Quote:

> Let's create two methods in any object:

> myMethod1
> ^ #('a' 'b')

> myMethod2
> ^ #('a'), ('b')

> In the second method select #('a') and try #Refactoring>>Extract method.
> There is "Index 2 is out of bounds" error.

Thanks for the report (#1307).

Quote:

> I suppose StLiteralArrayNode>>equalTo:withMapping: method should include
> size checking:
> self contents size = anObject contents size ifFalse: [ ^ false ].

I'm inclined to agree with you and will pass on to John Brant.

Regards

Blair

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:03:24 GMT

1. Refactoring Browser. VSE Refactoring Browser

2. Source Tracking System bug discovered when using the Refactoring Browser

3. Refactoring Browser News

4. Refactoring Browser

5. About Refactoring browsers

6. Refactoring Browser for Dolphin

7. Refactoring Browser

8. Camp Smalltalk Refactoring Browser Extensions CS6 release

9. Refactoring Browser

10. Refactoring Browser for VW5i.2

11. Smalltalk like browsers, refactoring tools for C#/.NET?

12. Refactoring Browser