lex/yacc
Author Message
 lex/yacc

Does an implementation of lex/yacc exist in ST and in particular,
ST/V ??  How about other parser generators ??  Please email

thanks
wayne j. staats

Sat, 07 Jun 1997 14:03:54 GMT
 lex/yacc
Hi Waine.
I developed a grammatic class and subclassses for the
manipulation of the LL languagres (context free languages) purely
in Smalltalk, I developend in Samlltalk/V Windows.
The classes allow:
1. Recognition of phrases of the language
2. Randomly generation of phrases of the language
3. Translation from a grammatic to another (compatible)
4. Generation of a Smalltalk code of translation (like Yacc)
Production can be defined in Smalltalk and so the y can use any
Smalltalk object.
For a simple and easy generation of grammtic the sintax is like:
NT: Non terminal simbol
T: a terminal symbol
NT1 --> a striong of NT and T -->> [Smalltalk source and NT]
    +-> a striong of NT and T
Start_NT2 ==> a striong of NT and T
  +-> a striong of NT and T
and so on.
Are you interested, if Yeas please contact me.

--
Nik, Zordan Nicola A. G.                    ---/\    /

via Tegnan 11, I-36078Valdagno (VI) Italy    /--- \/ ik
Tel: +39 445 402484

Mon, 09 Jun 1997 05:21:04 GMT
 lex/yacc

Quote:
>Does an implementation of lex/yacc exist in ST and in particular,
>ST/V ??  How about other parser generators ??  Please email

Look for T-gen on st.cs.uiuc.edu.  Combination of lex and yacc for
Smalltalk.

Patrick Mueller  | IBM Software Solutions, Cary NC; 919-469-7242, tie 883

Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:01:31 GMT

1. awk lex yacc (beginner question)

2. LEX-YACC interfacing with Eiffel

3. lex, yacc, bison, o'reilly book help needed

4. Looking for sample LEX/YACC with C++

5. lex/yacc parsers for SMTP/MIME?

6. lex / yacc question...

7. lex/yacc grammar available?

8. lex/yacc files for Oberon2?

9. Lex/Yacc for Oberon?

10. Multi-byte lex/yacc?

11. Repository for lex/yacc analyzers/parsers?

12. More than one lex/yacc parsers in one application