URLPresenter reload page
Author Message
 URLPresenter reload page

Hi,

how to reliably reload web page in URLPresenter? I have been using:

previewPresenter model
    setValue: url;
    notifyChanged

but for instance on one machine with IE5.0 and win98 the page does not get
reloaded, and old version of the page is shown.

Is there some method I could call on the URLPresenter to ensure that it does
reload?

rush

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:36:47 GMT
 URLPresenter reload page

Quote:
> how to reliably reload web page in URLPresenter? I have been using:

> previewPresenter model
>     setValue: url;
>     notifyChanged

> but for instance on one machine with IE5.0 and win98 the page does not get
> reloaded, and old version of the page is shown.

> Is there some method I could call on the URLPresenter to ensure that it
does
> reload?

I hesitate to promise reliability on a Microsoft platform :)  With that
caveat, try #Refresh???

Have a good one,

Bill

---
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:22:02 GMT
 URLPresenter reload page
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:36:47 +0200,

Quote:

> Hi,

> how to reliably reload web page in URLPresenter? I have been using:

> previewPresenter model
>     setValue: url;
>     notifyChanged

> but for instance on one machine with IE5.0 and win98 the page does not get
> reloaded, and old version of the page is shown.

if it's just this one machine, maybe it's in the Internet Settings?
There is a switch for when the page will be updated ... I usually
check "every time".

s.

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:25:19 GMT
 URLPresenter reload page

Quote:
> I hesitate to promise reliability on a Microsoft platform :)  With that
> caveat, try #Refresh???

hm.. I must be missing something obvious, but URLPresenter does not
understand #refresh or #Refresh, nor does it's view.

rush?

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:38:00 GMT
 URLPresenter reload page

Quote:

> if it's just this one machine, maybe it's in the Internet Settings?
> There is a switch for when the page will be updated ... I usually
> check "every time".

well, I have not tried on other win98+IE5 . But if I open the IE program on
this machine, and click on the reload, the page does get reloaded. I take
this as a sign that I am doing something wrong from the Dolphin side.

rush

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:40:38 GMT
 URLPresenter reload page

Quote:
> hm.. I must be missing something obvious, but URLPresenter does not
> understand #refresh or #Refresh, nor does it's view.

It's somewhere in the IDispatch jumble related to the web browser; you might
have to drill down into the model of the presenter, or maybe track it down
through one of the Microsoft "object models" :(

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:21:04 GMT
 URLPresenter reload page

Quote:
> > hm.. I must be missing something obvious, but URLPresenter does not
> > understand #refresh or #Refresh, nor does it's view.

> It's somewhere in the IDispatch jumble related to the web browser; you
might
> have to drill down into the model of the presenter, or maybe track it down
> through one of the Microsoft "object models" :(

Thanks Bill!

It seems to me that:

urlPresenter view controlDispatch Refresh

might do the trick.

rush

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:27:49 GMT

1. Reload Page

2. trying to reload a php page with javascript

3. initiate page reload from PHP

4. My modules doesn't seem to reload in IIS asp pages

5. URLPresenter enhancement

6. TclX.n man pages (and pages and pages....)

7. Page of pages in a report (CW5).

8. Special Page header on first Page

9. Page break on every page ??

10. Report: Total pages on first page?