D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.
Author Message
 D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.

I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
could be serious if someone does not have a backup.

Costas

8:37:35 PM, Monday, May 20, 2002: '''sswtools'' (16r7E: The specified
module could not be found.)'
SSWToolsLibrary class(ExternalLibrary class)>>load:flags:
SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>basicOpen:
SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>open:
SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>open
SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>asParameter
Icon>>loadFromInstance:
Icon(Image)>>createHandle
Icon>>createHandle
Icon(GraphicsTool)>>basicRealize
Icon(GraphicsTool)>>realize
Icon(GraphicsTool)>>handle
Icon(GraphicsTool)>>asParameter
WinImageList>>addIcon:
Icon>>addToImageList:mask:
[] in IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
LookupTable>>do:
[] in IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
[] in LookupTable(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsentPut:
LookupTable>>at:ifAbsent:
LookupTable(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsentPut:
IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:
IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>indexOfImage:
Icon>>imageIndex
IconicListAbstract class>>value:
ListView>>imageFromRow:
ListView>>onDisplayDetailsRequired:
ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmGetDispInfo:
ListView>>nmNotify:
ShellView(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
ShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ListView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
ListView(ControlView)>>wmPaint:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 08:38:48 GMT
 D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.
Costas,

Quote:
> I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
> following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
> could be serious if someone does not have a backup.

I had the same problem, but it's pretty simple to fix: just make sure the
sswtools DLL goes into the same Program Files subdirectory as the Dolphin 5
EXE.

HTH,

Don

Quote:

> Costas

> 8:37:35 PM, Monday, May 20, 2002: '''sswtools'' (16r7E: The specified
> module could not be found.)'
> SSWToolsLibrary class(ExternalLibrary class)>>load:flags:
> SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>basicOpen:
> SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>open:
> SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>open
> SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>asParameter
> Icon>>loadFromInstance:
> Icon(Image)>>createHandle
> Icon>>createHandle
> Icon(GraphicsTool)>>basicRealize
> Icon(GraphicsTool)>>realize
> Icon(GraphicsTool)>>handle
> Icon(GraphicsTool)>>asParameter
> WinImageList>>addIcon:
> Icon>>addToImageList:mask:
> [] in IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
> LookupTable>>do:
> [] in IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
> [] in LookupTable(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsentPut:
> LookupTable>>at:ifAbsent:
> LookupTable(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsentPut:
> IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
> IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:
> IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>indexOfImage:
> Icon>>imageIndex
> IconicListAbstract class>>value:
> ListView>>imageFromRow:
> ListView>>onDisplayDetailsRequired:
> ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmGetDispInfo:
> ListView>>nmNotify:
> ShellView(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
> ShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
> [] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
> InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> ListView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
> ListView(ControlView)>>wmPaint:wParam:lParam:
> ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
> [] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
> InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> InputState>>pumpMessage:
> InputState>>loopWhile:
> InputState>>mainLoop
> [] in InputState>>forkMain
> ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
> [] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 10:28:20 GMT
 D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.
[reposted, since the original doesn't seem to have made it to some news
servers]

Thanks for pointing this out Don.

This point is covered in the installation instructions in the Tools+ ReadMe
(the relevant section is below), but is now on the website also.

I've no objection to Tools+ queries being discussed here, but for the record
they can also be emailed direct to

Thanks.

John Aspinall
Solutions Software

----
From Tools+ ReadMe:

The sswtools.dll file should be placed in the Dolphin Smalltalk 5.0 program
directory (usually c:\program files\object arts\dolphin smalltalk 5.0).
----

Quote:
> Costas,

> > I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
> > following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
> > could be serious if someone does not have a backup.
> I had the same problem, but it's pretty simple to fix: just make sure the
> sswtools DLL goes into the same Program Files subdirectory as the Dolphin
5
> EXE.

> HTH,

> Don

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:18:39 GMT
 D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.
Fortunately I did not lose anything. But just as a suggestion.

1) Don't mix the license with installation instructions. I did not
read to the end of Readme  because that seemed to be a license file.
It says "SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT" at the very top. I
paged down once and it still is a license. So like a regular dumb
user, I simply Installed the .pac files.

2) If installing it other than in the folder you mention  will cause
serious problems you should mention it in the installation.

Also I meant to ask if there is any docs on how to use the classes.

Regards,

Costas

On Tue, 21 May 2002 10:18:39 +0100, "John Aspinall"

Quote:

>[reposted, since the original doesn't seem to have made it to some news
>servers]

>Thanks for pointing this out Don.

>This point is covered in the installation instructions in the Tools+ ReadMe
>(the relevant section is below), but is now on the website also.

>I've no objection to Tools+ queries being discussed here, but for the record
>they can also be emailed direct to

>Thanks.

>John Aspinall
>Solutions Software

>----
>From Tools+ ReadMe:

>The sswtools.dll file should be placed in the Dolphin Smalltalk 5.0 program
>directory (usually c:\program files\object arts\dolphin smalltalk 5.0).
>----

>> Costas,

>> > I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
>> > following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
>> > could be serious if someone does not have a backup.
>> I had the same problem, but it's pretty simple to fix: just make sure the
>> sswtools DLL goes into the same Program Files subdirectory as the Dolphin
>5
>> EXE.

>> HTH,

>> Don

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:24:02 GMT
 D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.
Costas,

Quote:
> 1) Don't mix the license with installation instructions.

But we all read licences in full don't we? ;-)

OK, the ReadMe now refers the reader to the end for installation
instructions.

Quote:
> Also I meant to ask if there is any docs on how to use the classes.

Do you have any specific queries? Once installed, all Tools+ enhancements
are automaticallly activated. The website describes the various enhanced
functions; most should be readily visible since by and large they work
within the existing browsers. There's a longer section on Method Spies since
these are a new concept.

Best regards,

John Aspinall
Solutions Software

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 21:14:27 GMT

1. BLT tree tags: destroying associated treeview causes subsequent tag operations to fatally crash

2. Crashes with ISE Tools

3. I am running a vi that crashes after a period of time with no error message

4. ENVY: Installing PP Tools

5. Installing Handy tools

6. Flashy Installs - what are the tools?

7. Problem by installing the PRODOMUS One Touch Date Tools for CLARION 5.5ee (full version)

8. where are docutils tools installed?

9. ST/V 2.0.9 Crashes under WARP Full Pack (Update 2.0.11 installed)

10. Labview6.1 crashed during install and is now lmgrd locking up laptop

11. Installing LabVIEW 6.1 crashes MAX

12. Problem in installing ActiveTcl 8.4.6 (crash)