Smalltalk and components (was: Sprint: Hello Java, bye bye Smalltalk)
Author Message
 Smalltalk and components (was: Sprint: Hello Java, bye bye Smalltalk)

Bruce,

I'm not sure if I can tell you about the specific nature of the
components Andrzej speaks of; I suspect I may be treading on or near
company confidential information, so I'll digres on that point.

I can say what it isn't though:  Andrzej doesn't speak about VW Parcels,
VA Image Components, or Java Beans.

Andrzej,

I disagree that components are an unknown term in the Smalltalk world,
as mentioned above, there are parcels and ICs.  However, though some
aspects of our specific use of the term may not be addressed in
parcels or ICs, I think with some extra footwork those areas can be
addressed.  A good offline discussion perhaps, though it's probably a
moot point.

Quote:

> > What do you mean by the term "component"?

> "Component: is unknown term in Smalltalk world. For detailed
> explanation see the book by Clemens Szyperski, "Component Software-
> Beyond Object-Oriented Programming",  Addison-Wesley, 1997.

---
Jason Steffler
 % Unix is user friendly; it's just selective about who its friends are

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Hello Smalltalk, bye bye Java (was Sprint: Hello Java, bye bye Smalltalk)

2. Sprint: Hello Java, bye bye Smalltalk

3. bye bye baby bye bye

4. Microsoft bids bye-bye to Java

5. Data goes Bye Bye when switching to Outlook

6. Bye, bye, RTLINK and PLINK86!

7. Bye Bye American Pie?

8. Memo file went bye-bye

9. Bye, Bye GST!

10. LOGO-L> Bye Bye 1998

11. Bye-Bye to C.L.E, and searching for help

12. Bye bye VRML