LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount
Author Message
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount

'Unhandled exception: Message not understood: #clientCount'
WriteStream(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
Net.LDAPConnection>>bindForVersion:rebind:constraints:
Net.LDAPConnection>>authenticateAs:password:version:constraints:
Net.LDAPConnection>>authenticateAs:password:constraints:
Net.LDAPConnection>>connectToHost:port:dn:password:constraints:authenticate:
Net.LDAPConnection>>connectToHost:port:dn:password:
UndefinedObject>>unboundMethod
UndefinedObject(Object)>>performMethod:arguments:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>performMethod:
optimized [] in ParagraphEditor>>debug:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
optimized [] in Process class>>forBlock:priority:

I think what's happening is it's throwing an exception and returning the
result of a Transcript #next... back instead of an LDAPConnThread thingy.

Has anyone worked with this in 5i.x and gotten this stuff working?

--
.tom

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:34:24 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount
So after getting the first error message, nothing works after that.
Curiously, there's still an LDAPConnection floating around (as shown by
LDAPConnection allInstances), even after niling my workspace variable and
collecting garbage.  I wonder if these remaining objects are screwing up the
state of new connections?

--
.tom

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:36:16 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount
OK.  It seems the argument to attrs: shouldn't be an LDAPAttributeSet, but
just a collection of attributes like: #('cn' 'mail).  It seems to be working
better.

--
.tom

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:06:21 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount
If you have any patches, can you post the new version back into the
StORE database?

Quote:

--
James A. Robertson
Product Manager (Smalltalk), Cincom

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:12:19 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount
What is LDAP ?

Victor

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:57:36 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount
Lightweight Directory Access Protocoll

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:24:44 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount
Where can I get the LDAP code? Is there a parcel in the goodies?

Quote:
> 'Unhandled exception: Message not understood: #clientCount'
> WriteStream(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> Net.LDAPConnection>>bindForVersion:rebind:constraints:
> Net.LDAPConnection>>authenticateAs:password:version:constraints:
> Net.LDAPConnection>>authenticateAs:password:constraints:

Net.LDAPConnection>>connectToHost:port:dn:password:constraints:authenticate:
Quote:
> Net.LDAPConnection>>connectToHost:port:dn:password:
> UndefinedObject>>unboundMethod
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>performMethod:arguments:
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>performMethod:
> optimized [] in ParagraphEditor>>debug:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> optimized [] in Process class>>forBlock:priority:

> I think what's happening is it's throwing an exception and returning the
> result of a Transcript #next... back instead of an LDAPConnThread thingy.

> Has anyone worked with this in 5i.x and gotten this stuff working?

> --
> .tom

Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:53:10 GMT
 LDAP - WriteStream doesn't understand #clientCount
In the public repository.  Apply for an account (StORE) at:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8008/launch/PostGresRequest

Quote:

--
James A. Robertson
Product Manager (Smalltalk), Cincom

Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:02:41 GMT

1. ldap.modify_s doesn't seem to work

2. Modelsim doesn't understand single-bit vectors...

3. Oleg Broytmann doesn't understand my problem

4. Doesn't tclsh understand * ?

5. tkdesk on fedora core 5 -- doesn't run, doesn't compile

6. BLT installs but doesn't work, and TkTable doesn't build

7. clueless newbie doesn't understand why his code doesn't work.

8. ldap-client-cgi.py 0.5.0: WWW gateway for accessing LDAP servers

9. ldap-client-cgi.py 0.4.4: WWW gateway for accessing LDAP servers

10. wrote a simple LDAP script to contact ldap.bigfoot.com

11. LDAP -- is python-ldap still "it"?

12. LDAP search on Netscape LDAP server