data validation and data format
Author Message
 data validation and data format

Hi, I am working on an Bussines application where i need to validate input
data and format.
I have a lot of questions for everyone who was deploying this or similar
kinds of app.
For example :
    1) I have a numeric data , how can I validate that the user input have a
certain format : (by example ->>>,>>9.99).
    2) In a String data how can i define a mask : 'XXX-XXXXX-XXX' .Or if I
have a mask : 'AAAAA-AAAAAA' how can i validate that the
        input characters are all alfabetic ones?.
    3) If I have a Object by example a Item for Sell and this item have a
Supplier. I need to define in the Item an attribute idSupplier the same as
in Relational DataBase applications or , like I prefer , can I define
supplier as an attribute and have the supplier (the object) referenced in
item ? . In that case, how can i do
the data input for this attribute ( supplier )? I need to define a combo or
a list with all the suppliers ? . If the item exists , how can I show the
supplier for the item?
i think a Combo where the selection is open over the correct supplier is the
solution.
Sorry for my english and
TIA

Sun, 07 Sep 2003 03:21:04 GMT

1. data validation and data format

2. #losingFocus callback for data validation (again)

3. Data validation and EIP

4. Validation of Data within the same file being changed

5. CPD2.1 table driven data validation

6. HTML Form data validation with Object REXX (Windows)

7. Data Entry with editing and validation library module

8. MF Cobol and data validation

9. How to do data validation on special characters!

10. Question on Data Validation

11. Data Validation Question

12. Data Validation Student Project (0/1)