-Looking for Automated Test Tool
Author Message
 -Looking for Automated Test Tool

I'm looking for an automated test tool for VisualWorks, preferably one
which is GUI driven, that is, one which will record and reply a series
of user interactions.

Does anyone have some experience or information in this area??
--
Ritchie Schacher

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 -Looking for Automated Test Tool

Quote:

> I'm looking for an automated test tool for VisualWorks, preferably one
> which is GUI driven, that is, one which will record and reply a series
> of user interactions.

> Does anyone have some experience or information in this area??
> --
> Ritchie Schacher

Ritchie:
For VW testing, try ObjectSoft's TestKit ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )*
For VisualAge for Smalltalk testing, try SilverMark's Smalltalk Test
Mentor ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

* I have no personal experience with this tool, but from the
adverti{*filter*}t, it looks like it fits the bill.

Mike Silverstein, Lead Architect        voice: (919) 363-3946
SilverMark, Inc.                          fax: (919) 362-0772

Raleigh, NC                         http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 -Looking for Automated Test Tool

Quote:

> > I'm looking for an automated test tool for VisualWorks, preferably one
> > which is GUI driven, that is, one which will record and reply a series
> > of user interactions.
 <snip>
> Ritchie:
> For VW testing, try ObjectSoft's TestKit ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )*
 <snip>
> * I have no personal experience with this tool, but from the
> adverti{*filter*}t, it looks like it fits the bill.

Our group is using ObjectSoft's TestKit, and I would only recommend it
if you get full source code and if you have someone who can go in and
modify the tool's behavior.  I am still not convinced that it
should be reguarded as out of beta test, even though it has
been out for at least a year.  I can not get it to drag scroll bars
for example, nor get it to respect it's 'ignore mouse movements'
setting without changing the record mechanism.  (the 'ignore
mouse movements' is needed to greatly reduce the number of trivial
events recorded, which can bloat test cases to unmanigable levels).

I will caveat my statements with the fact we are using VW with Events
loaded, which may affect the tools performance.

ttfn
--

"Do what's right and try to get along with people, in that order"
 - Ezra Taft Benson

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 -Looking for Automated Test Tool
I'm looking for an automated test tool for VisualWorks, preferably one
which is GUI driven, that is, one which will record and reply a series
of user interactions.

Does anyone have some experience or information in this area??
--
Ritchie Schacher

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VAST - Automated Testing Tools

2. VW 2.5 automated testing tools

3. Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools

4. Need Automated (Smalltalk) software testing tool

5. VisualAge - Problems using Automated Testing Tool with VisualAge

6. Automated Testing Tools

7. Automated Testing Tools for Clarion

8. Automated test tools with Clarion ?

9. Code Analysis and Automated Testing tools for FORTRAN

10. Automated testing tools for tcl/tk

11. Automated Testing Tools for Tcl/Tk

12. Automated Testing Tool with support for VA SmallTalk