VW 2.5 change of startup picture
Author Message
 VW 2.5 change of startup picture

Does anybody know how to change the image, which is shown during startup
of VW2.5 ?!
Thanx
Christian Rehnelt

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 change of startup picture

Hi,
 those are the entries you have to put into your "Win.INI' file in the Windows
directory, i don't remember which one of the keys works but you can try and tell
us.

[vwnt]
LogoBitmap="D:\vw252\IMAGE\logo.bmp"
LogoSound="D:\vw252\IMAGE\start.WAV"
[vw]
LogoBitmap="D:\vw252\IMAGE\logo.bmp"
LogoSound="D:\vw252\IMAGE\start.WAV"

Also if you don't want to display any logo there(i.e. no startup banner) your
command line should look like
vw.exe -NOLOGO yourImage.im

Check the documentation for the VW3.0 since they are using the registry the
setting could be different.

Mark

Quote:

> Does anybody know how to change the image, which is shown during startup
> of VW2.5 ?!
> Thanx
> Christian Rehnelt

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 change of startup picture

Quote:

>Does anybody know how to change the image, which is shown during startup
>of VW2.5 ?!

You can use some ini-settings (see other article) but I prefer to use a
Windows resource editor.  For VM version 2.5.1 and 2.5.2, Borland's
resource workshop does the job (it also reduces the size of the exe - don't
know why).  VM 2.5.x and VM 3.0 can also be changed using Microsoft's
visual studio.  Resource workshop will probably also work for 3.0 but I
never tried.  Just replace the only bitmap resource with your favorite
bitmap (up to 256 colors).  It's also possible to replace the VM's icon,
something impossible using ini settings.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Are you ready to discover the twilight zone?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VW 2.5 (and 3.0) change of startup picture

2. VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

3. Help: VW Smalltalk 2.5

4. Stone Age text editing in VW 2.5

5. Sound in VW 2.5

6. VW 2.5 Rubberbanding, howto?

7. VWave 1.0 (VW 2.5 may apply)

8. VW 2.5 MultiRow Select Table Widget Needed

9. VW 2.5 menuBar hide, show

10. VW 2.5 automated testing tools

11. Sound in VW 2.5

12. PC Serial Port from VW 2.5