CORBA-IDL to Smalltalk compiler
Author Message
 CORBA-IDL to Smalltalk compiler

CORBA 2 defines languages bindings from IDL to C, C++ and Smalltalk.
Most of the CORBA 1.3 products support the C and C++ bindings and most
of the CORBA 2 products will do the same. The only CORBA 2 implementations
supporting Smalltalk are HP's Distributed Smalltalk and possible Expersoft's
Object Broker (as far as I know). But HP-DST has no IDL to Smalltalk compiler,
it only has a Smalltalk to IDL generator. In the world of distributed systems
this is a mess. In our distributed environment we need such a compiler, compatible
with the IDL-Smalltalk language binding supported by HP-DST.

Does anybody know about such a compiler or does anybody has an idea how to
support the generation of smalltalk code (templates) from an IDL-spec.
Any help appreciated - email preferred.

--
Dr. Klaus-Peter Eckert
Research Institute for Open Communication Systems  -  GMD Fokus

www:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 26 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Smalltalk - CORBA IDL

2. CORBA IDL to Eiffel Mapping

3. CORBA IDL/Eiffel Mapping

4. corba/idl for forth?

5. CORBA IDL->FPL mappings Again!!)

6. IDL->FP mapping (ala CORBA)!!!!!

7. Mapping of Corba IDL to functional language?

8. Update to CORBA IDL

9. CORBA IDL-to-Oberon translator

10. CORBA IDL to Eiffel Mapping

11. Rexx Corba and IDL