Does GNU ST use MVC?
Author Message
 Does GNU ST use MVC?

Someone planning to use GNU ST has requested photocopies of two papers
I have on ST80's Model-View-Controller paradigm. They're at a remote
office I rarely visit and I only want to make the trip if MVC is
actually used by GNU. Does anyone know?
* Bruce Samuelson       Department of Linguistics        *

Wed, 24 Jan 1996 06:21:45 GMT
 Does GNU ST use MVC?
#Someone planning to use GNU ST has requested photocopies of two papers
#I have on ST80's Model-View-Controller paradigm. They're at a remote
#office I rarely visit and I only want to make the trip if MVC is
#actually used by GNU. Does anyone know?

The current release (version 1.1.1) does *not* use the MVC pradigm.  It has
the ability to communicate with an X server at the X protocol level.  While
this may sound cumbersome, it is possible to do quite a bit this way without
too much hassle.

So, no, there is no current support for MVC, however work *is* being done to
support this for a future release.

(Please don't ask when that will be, though! 8*)

Mark

Thu, 25 Jan 1996 03:40:03 GMT

1. SMOPS for GNU/ST and Little/ST

2. GNU ST and SegV w/CFuncs.st

3. MVC vs. ST/V

4. MVC vs. ST/V

5. MVC vs. ST/V

6. MVC vs. ST/V -Reply

7. MVC for ST-80 wanted

8. Any one done a commercial Multimedia, authoring system with ST, and in which enviro

9. fyi - Web services architecture using MVC style

10. Compile Tcl7.6/Tk4.2 using MVC++5.0

11. Using large numbers of MVC triads

12. GNU ST binaries somewhere ?