Looking For: ToolTips on ActionButtons
Author Message
 Looking For: ToolTips on ActionButtons

Hi,

I am looking for a ToolTip functionality added to VW's ActionButtons
(i.e. those little bubbles with an explanatory text of what the button
does which automatically appear after the mouse pointer has been in
the button's control area for some time).

Can anyone tell where I can find this feature.
Usage without fee (at least for students/academic institutions)
prefered!

Thanks and regards

Marco Pauls

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking For: ToolTips on ActionButtons

What you need is VisualBubble.
Here is a reference to the UIUC Smalltalk archive:
ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/st80_vw/VisuBubl/
I have only looked at it long ago, so I can't say much
about it.

Hans-Martin

Tue, 28 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking For: ToolTips on ActionButtons

Quote:

>I am looking for a ToolTip functionality added to VW's ActionButtons
>(i.e. those little bubbles with an explanatory text of what the button
>does which automatically appear after the mouse pointer has been in
>the button's control area for some time).

Hi Marco,

search the Smalltalk UIUC archive at http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/ for
keyword "bubble help" and you will find a very nice tool tip extension
for VisualWorks.

Kai

--

Tue, 28 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking For: ToolTips on ActionButtons

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am looking for a ToolTip functionality added to VW's ActionButtons
> (i.e. those little bubbles with an explanatory text of what the button
> does which automatically appear after the mouse pointer has been in
> the button's control area for some time).

Yes there's an excellent Bubble help system on the uiuc archives in the
VW2.5 section (called VisualBubble I think). get back to me if you can't
find it.
You can add help by simply adding the help text to the property window for
the widget.
It's great! And it's by a European (German in fact).

Sun, 03 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActionButtons

2. No tooltips

3. Tooltips on Presenters?