VW30nc - How to disable the x and file chooser.
Author Message
 VW30nc - How to disable the x and file chooser.

Hi!

1. I create a window with the canvas and I want to disable the little x
at the upper right and at the window menu too. That should be easy!!!

2. Does exist a free file chooser we can easily add in our application.
Something that is user-friendly like the windows explorer?

Thanks, MD

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VW30nc - How to disable the x and file chooser.

Quote:

> Hi!

> 1. I create a window with the canvas and I want to disable the little x
> at the upper right and at the window menu too. That should be easy!!!

What platform are you on?  there's several ways to disable the window
manager's buttons.  The easiest (i.e., "first that came to mind") seem
to be to intercept the events (look around the event machanism in
ScheduledWindow and the various Controllers).

Quote:
> 2. Does exist a free file chooser we can easily add in our application.
> Something that is user-friendly like the windows explorer?

Again, depends on the platform.  There are several ExternalInterfaces
available that give you native Windows prompters.  If you want something
that's all Smalltalk, take a look at the CommonPrompter class in the
VRUIPainter parcel (in goodies).  If you want the Windows look, combine
the skeleton of CommonPrompter with the Tree widget in the IC&C widget
kit that's included.

Cheers,
pete

Quote:
> Thanks, MD

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. OPEN LOOK (Xview) File Chooser (gfm) and Ada

2. drives in a file chooser

3. File/Directory Chooser for Pmw?

4. VW30NC <-> Oracle 8.1.5 WinNT

5. VW30nc

6. Printer Chooser

7. UltraEdit Utility Template to support a field chooser

8. Disable() vs {PROP:Disable}

9. Disabling Field Lookup for a Conditionally disabled entry field

10. Netscape Plug-in Chooser

11. Netscape Plug-in Chooser

12. Plug-in chooser