Deferred Parts doc&fix
Author Message
 Deferred Parts doc&fix

Hi all,
I'm maintaining a large application developed in VA3 that make extensive
use of DefferedPartsUpdate for entry forms.

They're fine, but sometimes when the target parts are a bit complex the
apply mechanism seems not to complete, i.e. some attributes are not
updated.

By the way, I couldn't found any reference to these features in the on
line docs, while it could be very interesting e.g. to llok in details at
the stack facilities associated to deferred parts.

Any ideas anywhere?

thanks in advance,
alfredo
--
Dr. Alfredo Chizzoni
Object Technology & Network Consultant

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Deferred Parts doc&fix

Quote:

> Hi all,
> I'm maintaining a large application developed in VA3 that make extensive
> use of DefferedPartsUpdate for entry forms.

> They're fine, but sometimes when the target parts are a bit complex the
> apply mechanism seems not to complete, i.e. some attributes are not
> updated.

> By the way, I couldn't found any reference to these features in the on
> line docs, while it could be very interesting e.g. to llok in details at
> the stack facilities associated to deferred parts.

> Any ideas anywhere?

> thanks in advance,
> alfredo
> --
> Dr. Alfredo Chizzoni
> Object Technology & Network Consultant
> Rome - ITALY

Dr. Chizzoni:
VA 3 shipped with some bugs in deferred update - especially for
OrderedCollection parts. You may want to look for fixes from IBM, or upgrade
to VA 4. For more detailed analysis (guessing), I'd need to know more about
your application.

If you are using connections in your application, you may want to try
SilverMark's Connection Detangler at
http://www.silvermark.com/detangler.html to get a picture of the connections
that are being fired within your application.

One last thing - there are no details about the implementation of deferred
update parts in any VA docs.

Hope this helps...

Mike Silverstein, Lead Architect        voice: (919) 363-3946
SilverMark, Inc.                          fax: (919) 362-0772

Raleigh, NC                         http://www.silvermark.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VA4.0.2 deferred update part procedure?

2. VA: Initial widget values with deferred update parts.

3. VA4.0.2 deferred update part procedure?

4. What features are deferred in deferred class?

5. TCOM & DEFERRED WORDS

6. WB & SubPanes fixes (C&P)

7. Can someone fix my code (Part II)

8. Tcl 7.6 AIX io.test bug fix - Part III

9. Tcl 7.6 AIX io.test bug fix - Part II

10. Vds doc V5.3 ( To sell doc v5.3 )

11. Logo1.doc and Math1.doc in cyberspace

12. grafting DOM doc [as a fragment] into another DOM doc [node]