Web Services help needed please
Author Message
 Web Services help needed please

Hi there,

First of all, I am a complete novice when it comes to Web Services. I have
just installed the latest Web Services as listed in the IBM website (Beta
0.40.3). I am trying to invoke a web service from www.xmethods.com, but
have been so far unsuccessful. I read the portion of the web services
manual regarding invoking a third party service....  I used the following
code first to create the container (which is not clear in the manual, by
the way)

in a new workspace:

[ |aContainer |
SstWSContainer clearAll.
aContainer :=
        SstWSContainer createContainerNamed:SciSocketManager default
getHostName using:
                (SstWSContainerConfiguration defaultConfiguration).
aContainer startUp.
aContainer inspect ] fork

At the SstWSContainer inspector that "pops up" I inspect the following
code, which is supposed to return an Ordered Collection of ?? services ??

self deploy: ' http://www.*-*-*.com/ '

When I inspect the code, it is an OrderedCollection, and it has just one
element, nil: OrderedCollection(nil).

The URL I'm trying to "deploy", I found here:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;jsessionid=kYXXGq48pYxUjL_G-
T3HchbM(QhxieSRM)?key=uuid:7AC480B8-ADF3-1F24-F8C2-8AD3EC5EA5D0

(or Tiny URLed: http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

Can anyone clue me in as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any insights.

p.s.

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:35:18 GMT
 Web Services help needed please
Dear hellrazor,
    Alison Dixon's experience report on using VA web services, presented at
the ESUG 2002, may be of general interest to you.  You ccan find my write-up
of it in my report via either the events page of www.whySmalltalk.com or at

http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/esug2002/uploads/2/ESUG%202002report-NiallRo...

You should also be able to find her slides at the latter site.

            Yours faithfully
                Niall Ross

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:57:35 GMT

1. VA Smalltalk Google Web Service Service Client and Server Simulator Example

2. AS/400 Cobol trying to call an ILE Cobol function in a service progam - Please help

3. please, please, please, please, help

5. Please Help - NetTools Help File needed

6. Help !!!, Need a Clarion RDD, Please help

7. i need help to modify my cobol program can someone help soon please

8. COBOL HELP NEEDED, PLEASE HELP ME!

9. need help editing /etc/services file

10. Low level disk services - Usual newbie needs help type of message

11. Need help : SERVICE instruction

12. Email agent and Web browser for DOS - please help