Seemingly Stupid Question
Author Message
 Seemingly Stupid Question

How do I manipulate the package folder hierarchy? (I.E. adding folders
and adding packages to them)  I assume it's possible and the answer is
obvious, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'm still evaluating the
5.0 trial, is it possible that the feature to do this isn't yet
enabled for me? I feel real stupid to be asking this, but I've spent
hours looking for an answer to no avail. Thanks!

--chris

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:15:48 GMT
 Seemingly Stupid Question
I may have figured out my own answer. I uninstalled my packaged, put
the pac file in the subdirectory I wanted it (using Window Explorer),
and then reinstalled it. Kind of a round-a-bout way to go about it,
but it'll do.

--chris

Quote:

>How do I manipulate the package folder hierarchy? (I.E. adding folders
>and adding packages to them)  I assume it's possible and the answer is
>obvious, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'm still evaluating the
>5.0 trial, is it possible that the feature to do this isn't yet
>enabled for me? I feel real stupid to be asking this, but I've spent
>hours looking for an answer to no avail. Thanks!

>--chris

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:31:40 GMT
 Seemingly Stupid Question
Chris,

Quote:
> I may have figured out my own answer. I uninstalled my packaged, put
> the pac file in the subdirectory I wanted it (using Window Explorer),
> and then reinstalled it. Kind of a round-a-bout way to go about it,
> but it'll do.

That's one way.

From within Dolphin you can create a new folder in the open dialog at the
same time as you create the new package.  You can also copy a package by
selecting "Save as" from the Package Browser's File menu - creating a new
target folder if needed.  If you just want to create a folder then you can
"cheat" by creating a new package and folder but not saving the package.

To check where a package was loaded from you can select the package in the
PackageBrowser or SystemBrowser and look at the properties value.

There's one or two things to be careful about when moving packages around,
you can get into trouble with prerequisites referring the wrong file, but
that's probably not worth worrying about until you start creating multiple
interconnected packages.

Regards
    Ian

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:00:26 GMT

1. How to write seemingly unhygienic macros using syntax-rules

2. Seemingly wierd conversion for in out parameter

3. Office Naval Research seemingly not interested in Ada

4. Seemingly simple problem with adding things to a canvas

5. Stupid question

6. Stupid Question 101

7. Really stupid question

8. Stupid newb question: What am I doing wrong?

9. Stupid question...Is sed in gawk??

10. Really stupid question...

11. Stupid Canvas question

12. Stupid swiki questions.