Puget Sound Smalltalk Users Group Meeting 12/5/01
Author Message
 Puget Sound Smalltalk Users Group Meeting 12/5/01

I am posting this since Joe Bacanskas has lost his internet access as

To: Puget Sound Smalltalk User Group
Date: Wednesday, December 5th
Time: 7 to 9 pm.
Place: 1111 Third Avenue

Meet in the lobby between 6:45 pm and 7 pm.

Topic: VW5i.4 Web ToolKit, Web Services and Refactory Browser

Whenever James Robertson pays us a visit, he brings with him a great
deal of exciting software. Last time, it was to introduce VW5i and VW
Namespaces. This time, he will be showing the next generation of Web and
internet tools for VisualWorks. Cincom spend quite a bit of engineering
effort to take VisualWorks into the ASP/JSP arena. Come see the results,
they're pretty stunning.

VisualWorks is in the middle of a major UI cleanup and enhancement. One
of the best decisions to come out of this effort is the choice of the
Reafactory Browser as it's primary browser. VW 7 should ship with RB as
the default browser. Come see the new RB! I've been using a beta since
Smalltalk Solutions, it is great. Perhaps we can convince James to
distribute the latest beta, who knows.

For those of you who don't know James, he is the Technical Product
Manager for VisualWorks at Cincom. He is a diehard Smalltalker who has
been at the forefront of VisualWorks since the early '90s. His
presentations are always informative, lively and above all, honest.

Joseph Bacanskas, Program co-ordinator

Pat Podenski
webmaster

Fri, 21 May 2004 06:43:54 GMT

1. September Meeting of the Puget Sound Smalltalk User Group

2. October meeting of Puget Sound Smalltalk Users Group

3. November Meeting of Puget Sound Smalltalk User Group

4. Ann: Puget Sound (WA,USA) ST/OODBMS User Group 1/17 meeting - VisualWave

5. Puget Sound User Group Meeting for November

6. Puget Sound Smalltalk User Group website has moved

7. Announcement: Puget Sound ST & OODBMS User Group

8. Announcement: Puget Sound ST & OODBMS User Group

9. Puget Sound Smalltalk meeting (GemStone)

10. Little Smalltalk 4.4 and LA Smalltalk User Group meeting

11. Dylan users in the Puget Sound?

12. Toronto Smalltalk User Group - Jan.13 meeting