Extra process in 5.1 RC
Author Message
 Extra process in 5.1 RC

I had a bit of trouble with the de{*filter*} locking up and think I've
tracked it down to the following oddity.

From the Windows menu do a "Fresh install".  When the main Dolphin
window opens close it _without_ saving the image again.  When you
restart this image the ProcessBrowser shows two Main processes - the
normal one at priority 5 and a suspended one at priority 6.  It is this
extra Main process that appears to have been causing my de{*filter*}
problems.

If you do the same again, but resave the clean image before closing,
then this extra process doesn't appear when the image is restarted.

I also noticed a minor minor problem with the "Fresh Install" dialog.
If you enter the Dolphin 4.0 serial number incorrectly then the title
bar for the warning dialog is incomplete.

--
Ian

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 06:35:32 GMT
 Extra process in 5.1 RC
Ian,

Quote:
> From the Windows menu do a "Fresh install".  When the main Dolphin
> window opens close it _without_ saving the image again.  When you
> restart this image the ProcessBrowser shows two Main processes - the
> normal one at priority 5 and a suspended one at priority 6.  It is this
> extra Main process that appears to have been causing my de{*filter*}
> problems.

Hmm.. yes, thanks Ian. I see this too and strangely it's not a bug carried
forward from 5.0. It seems serious enough that I think we should delay the
real 5.1 release until it is fixed. I have recorded this as issue #1229.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.*-*-*.com/
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.*-*-*.com/
---

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:46:45 GMT

1. Push Button problem 5.1 RC

2. 5.1 rc troubble o feature ?

3. Acquire and process with analogic triggering (LabView 5.1)

4. Extra process created with LinuxThreads

5. Extra Processes

6. The extra extra segments

7. Problems with 5.1 migration

8. Dolphin 5.1 Patch Level 1 Release

9. Compiler in 5.1 doesn't parse as before

10. 5.0 to 5.1 porting advice?

11. I/O in 5.1

12. Dolphin 5.1 Released