Two images at the same time on one machine under NT
Author Message
 Two images at the same time on one machine under NT

 There seems to be a bug in VW 2.5.2 (2.5.2a) when running two images at
the same time on the same machine under Windows NT 4.0.

 Start the first image and make a very long API call (blocking call).

 Start the second image and try to open a menu while the first image is
in the blocking call:

 The second image will hang until the first image is in the call. The reason
seems to be, that the windows-based events are not longer handled.

 This will happen with any non-visual blocking api call ...

 (easiest way to test the stuff is to use the sleep-call from Windows NT)

 Any help ?

 Marten

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Two images at the same time on one machine under NT

--------------9352F6251AF36FAC9967FCF9

[snip]

Quote:
> Any help ?

Have you opened up a case using the support facilities on the PPD web
site?

David
David Whiteman                          Applied Reasoning
Some Assembly Required                  111 Corning Road, Suite 220
whiteman at appliedreasoning.com        Cary, NC 27511-9231
919-851-7677                            http://www.appliedreasoning.com
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/3261

--------------9352F6251AF36FAC9967FCF9

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Whiteman
n:              Whiteman;David
org:            Applied Reasoning
adr:            111 Corning Road;;Suite 220;Cary;NC;27511;USA

title:          Member, Technical Staff
tel;work:       919-851-7677
tel;fax:        919-851-9297
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

--------------9352F6251AF36FAC9967FCF9--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Two images at the same time on one machine under NT

Quote:

>Have you opened up a case using the support facilities on the PPD web
>site?

 Actually I called PPD-Germany and told them this bug.  On the other
side I do not expect any help, because this bug is also in 2.52 virtual
machine, but not in VW 2.51 and nobody seems to notice this.

 Perhaps nobody is really running two images on one machine at the same
time under NT 4.0 ...

 Marten

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Two images at the same time on one machine under NT

Quote:

> >Have you opened up a case using the support facilities on the PPD web
> >site?

>  Actually I called PPD-Germany and told them this bug.  On the other
> side I do not expect any help, because this bug is also in 2.52 virtual
> machine, but not in VW 2.51 and nobody seems to notice this.

>  Perhaps nobody is really running two images on one machine at the same
> time under NT 4.0 ...

>  Marten

The bug is fixed in 2.5.2c, which is available to support
customers on ParcPlace's web site.
_______________,,,^..^,,,_______________
Eliot

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Two images at the same time on one machine under NT

Quote:
>The bug is fixed in 2.5.2c, which is available to support
>customers on ParcPlace's web site.

 Hmmm, your write "to support customers ...", but it should be
                  "to supported customers"

 And supported customers are customers supported directly by PPD in
the US. The rest of the world is only supported by distributors and
even last week - when I called PPD-Germany - they did not mention this
patch.

 Grummel ....

 Marten

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Share Global Variables data between two separate programs in one machine

2. compare wall clock time between two machines

3. Two images for one item in treectrl.

4. How to replace one or two words with one word with one line of awk code

5. Two computer with one POS printer, Printer error at the same time printing

6. how to print two file in one time ??

7. Two Ethernet cards at one time

8. Operations on a two-dimensional array, one row at a time

9. 4.0 Executing only one runtime image in NT 4.0

10. One and One doesn't equal two It equals 1 - The Who

11. One and One doesn't equal two It equals 1 - The Who

12. Problem with two Pipes, one for STDOUT and one for STDERR