Digitalk PARTS using OS/2 & IPF Help
Author Message
 Digitalk PARTS using OS/2 & IPF Help

Interested in any success stories with Digitalk PARTS 'context sensitive HELP'
(.HLP) files that you delivered in a (.EXE) application.  I get field sensitive
help under the workbench, but when I distribute the (.EXE) the HELP defaults to
OS/2 'General HELP' - Not field sensitive?  True we can use the search or index
to get to the desired field sensitive HELP, but that's not the way it's supposed
to be.... Any ideas ?

Thanks...

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Digitalk PARTS using OS/2 & IPF Help
: Interested in any success stories with Digitalk PARTS 'context sensitive HELP'
: (.HLP) files that you delivered in a (.EXE) application.  I get field sensitive
: help under the workbench, but when I distribute the (.EXE) the HELP defaults to
: OS/2 'General HELP' - Not field sensitive?  True we can use the search or index
: to get to the desired field sensitive HELP, but that's not the way it's supposed
: to be.... Any ideas ?

: Thanks...
:

Perhaps the problem involves a simple file naming issue.
I am currently working with a help system in OS/2 and I've discovered
that the name of the .HLP file is significant.  The default name should
be the same as the application name with .hlp instead of .exe.  Ex:
Myapp.exe -- Myapp.hlp
For other than a non-default name, either the executable must be built
with the name or code executed to reference the help file.
Since I have not tried this specifically with PARTS, this may not be your
problem, but is the first solution that comes to mind.

Let us know if this solves the problem!
-Jonathan

Mon, 13 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Digitalk PARTS using IPF/Help ?

2. Using Nested Parts in Digitalk PARTS

3. Shortcomings of Digitalk PARTS RDBI when using stored procs

4. Digitalk Smalltalk V MDI with PARTS - help needed

5. Digitalk Smalltalk V MDI with PARTS - help needed

6. help-How do I dynamically resize window (Digitalk, PARTS)

7. help source file - ipf to rtf format

8. IPF-help compiler wanted

9. Using Smalltalk/V & Parts together

10. Digitalk PARTS - Changing the Tool Bar in an Application

11. Digitalk Parts Book?