Problem with ActiveX dual interface.
Author Message
 Problem with ActiveX dual interface.

I am  trying to build a simple COM server which supports dual
interface dispatching. I implemented all the things I guess are
necessary. But when I instantiate (from within Dolphin 4 pro) the
subclass of AXDualImpl which implements the interface
and I #queryInterface: I  get a walkback in
AXDispatchImpAbstract>>#GetTypeInfo: itinfo lcid: lcid pptinfo:
pptinfo
in the method implementation there are two lines which read:

        pptinfo value: piTi bytes.
        piTi AddRef.

but piTi is not an ITypeInfo but an AXTypeInfoAnalyzer. I tried
replacing these lines by:

        pptinfo value: piTi piTypeInfo bytes.
        piTi piTypeInfo AddRef.

And it started working. But #piTypeInfo is a private selector of
AXTypeInfoAnalyzer. So, which is the correct way to get
it running?

Juan Vidal Pich

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:59:44 GMT
 Problem with ActiveX dual interface.
Juan

Quote:

> I am  trying to build a simple COM server which supports dual
> interface dispatching. ... I  get a walkback in
> AXDispatchImpAbstract>>#GetTypeInfo: itinfo lcid: lcid pptinfo:
> pptinfo...

Thanks for the bug report.

Quote:

> ...So, which is the correct way to get
> it running?

Use #asParameter. When sent to an AXTypeInfoAnalyzer it answers the
associated ITypeInfo.

Regards

Blair

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 03:05:11 GMT

1. HRESULT error when generating ActiveX control interface classes

2. ActiveX interface bug

3. Querying ActiveX/OLE-interfaces with Object Rexx and rendering them into HTML

4. Python ActiveX Scripting interface

5. Small COM(ActiveX) interface

6. Tcl interface to ActiveX/COM

7. VisualWorks 7, 5i Dual Head Problem

8. Little endian problem with Dual Procs

9. ABC - I've got a dual browse key problem

10. W2000 dual cpu usage problem

11. Dual PCI VGA Adapter Problem

12. Dual Monitor Problems