Self-Adjusting Binary Search Trees (Splay Trees)
Author Message
 Self-Adjusting Binary Search Trees (Splay Trees)

Anyone have an electronic or paper copy of the original Sleator and Tarjan
JACM, VOL 32, #3, July '85 article on Splay Trees they could let me have?  I
need to read either the paper or a paper that covers the same ground.  I'm
not interested in looking at source code or implementations.  I'm a member
of the ACM's digital library, but maddeningly they're being really slow to
publish the old stuff.

P.S.  This is for application in VisualWorks' old-space free lists which are
rather poorly organized at present.
_______________,,,^..^,,,_______________
Eliot Miranda, ObjectShare.ParcPlace

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Self-Adjusting Binary Search Trees (Splay Trees)

Quote:

> Anyone have an electronic or paper copy of the original Sleator and Tarjan
> JACM, VOL 32, #3, July '85 article on Splay Trees they could let me have?  I
> need to read either the paper or a paper that covers the same ground.  I'm
> not interested in looking at source code or implementations.  I'm a member
> of the ACM's digital library, but maddeningly they're being really slow to
> publish the old stuff.

> P.S.  This is for application in VisualWorks' old-space free lists which are
> rather poorly organized at present.
> _______________,,,^..^,,,_______________
> Eliot Miranda, ObjectShare.ParcPlace

Elliot,

I did some work in grad school 20+ yrs ago on dynamically balanced
trees, at that time referred to as AVL trees after a trio of guys from
the Soviet Union.  Try looking in the ACM Algorithms for AVL Trees.
--
Enoch Sower, Objectician -- "Have Virtual Machine | Hate Travel"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Self-Adjusting Binary Search Trees (Splay Trees)
I've had very good luck getting copies of older ACM articles from the
ACM Depository at the University of Washington Engineering Library:

http://www.lib.washington.edu/rss/acm.html

-- Dwight

Quote:
> Anyone have an electronic or paper copy of the original Sleator and
Tarjan
> JACM, VOL 32, #3, July '85 article on Splay Trees they could let me
have?  I
> need to read either the paper or a paper that covers the same ground.
I'm
> not interested in looking at source code or implementations.  I'm a
member
> of the ACM's digital library, but maddeningly they're being really
slow to
> publish the old stuff.

> P.S.  This is for application in VisualWorks' old-space free lists
which are
> rather poorly organized at present.
> _______________,,,^..^,,,_______________
> Eliot Miranda, ObjectShare.ParcPlace

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Self-Adjusting Binary Search Trees (Splay Trees)

2. Searching for B-tree/B*-tree package...

3. searching trees (AVL, 2-3-4 and red-black trees)

4. AVL Tree,Binary Tree,Sorting..

5. splay trees in smalltalk

6. splay and AVL tree code

7. Splay trees in prolog

8. Binary Search Trees

9. Binary Search Trees

10. binary search tree

11. Binary tree search in PL1

12. BST (yes, that's binary search tree)