ILC 2002 - Last Call For Participation
Author Message
 ILC 2002 - Last Call For Participation

                   ASSOCIATION OF LISP USERS (ALU)

        INTERNATIONAL LISP CONFERENCE 2002 (ILC 2002)

                    HOLIDAY INN - FINANCIAL DISTRICT

                         SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

               SUNDAY, OCT. 27TH - THURSDAY, OCT. 31ST

                         LAST CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

NEW: Extended Registration deadline:  OCTOBER 7th, 2002

NEW: Registration Materials will be Fedexed the week of Oct. 14th.

NEW: The actual schedule of talks will be posted on the website later this
week.

NEW: Details about about the Napa Valley Wine tour on Friday, Nov. 1st are
now available on the website.

NEW: More tutorial details are now available on the website.

NEW: Competitions:

1. Dynamic Languages RoboCup Simulation League Competition

2. Divabot Beauty Contest!

Website: http://www.*-*-*.com/

THE CONFERENCE

The Asociation of Lisp Users (ALU) is proud to announce the International
Lisp Conference 2002. The conference will take place at the Holiday Inn in
San Francisco's Financial District from October 27th through October 31st.

At the start of the 21st century we see the challenges ahead:

Applications will be more dynamic than ever and will be part of the fibers
of the Web, software and hardware robots will be our  assistants, and
biology will be source of both computational problems and programming
metaphors. Applications will be customized to individuals who happen upon
them, our needs and desires will be served by artificial beings, and our
software may more accurately resemble a termite nest than Rube Goldberg
inventions.

Will our mainstream concepts, approaches, and languages hold up? Where might
we turn for progress, inspiration, and technology? Was it right in front of
us all along? The International Lisp Conference addresses these questions
and more.

This four-day conference will bring together a mesh of brilliant minds from
a diverse international community that involves or borders the Lisp family
of languages. The conference will be uniquely multi-themed in nature, and
each day will paint a different theme. The themes  are  Lisp and Functional
Languages, Web Applications, Robotics & AI and Bioinformatics.  We have
gathered a *very* impressive list of invited speakers from each of these
communities that promise to deliver a captivating a stimulating conference
experience.

REGISTRATION

Registration information is available at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

MORE INFORMATION

For more information, again, please visit the website:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:00:01 GMT
 ILC 2002 - Last Call For Participation

+---------------
| ASSOCIATION OF LISP USERS (ALU)
| INTERNATIONAL LISP CONFERENCE 2002 (ILC 2002)
| HOLIDAY INN - FINANCIAL DISTRICT
| SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
| SUNDAY, OCT. 27TH - THURSDAY, OCT. 31ST
+---------------

For the benefit of those coming from elsewhere, the weather right
now [Fri, 18 Oct 2002 02:02:42 PDT] in the San Francisco Bay Area
(and forecast to remain the same for most of the Conference week)
is a typical fall weather pattern:

- Fog (w/ some drizzle) along the Pacific coast evening, nights, and
  into the late mornings, with the nightly fog penetrating into the
  City of San Francisco proper and spreading as a low stratus layer
  over most of the Bay Area (including East Bay).

- The fog/stratus will burn off beginning far inland and progressing
  back towards the coast during each day, earlier the farther east one is.

- Depending on where you are, lows will be in the 40-50 F (4-10 C)
  range, with highs around 50-60 F (10-15 C) on the coast, 60-70 F
  (15-20 C) around the Bay, and 65-80 F (18-27 C) farther inland.
  The City of San Francisco itself partakes of both the "coastal"
  and "Bay" microclimates, depending on where in the City one is.

In short, dress for cool-ish (and occasionally misty) fall weather
at night, and cool-to-warm weather during the day. But don't overdress.
Typically a light windbreaker (and maybe a hat) will keep one warm
enough, and it may suddenly turn hotter unexpectedly during the day.

-Rob

p.s For those who can read METAR aviation reports, the most recent
reports from <URL:http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/metar.shtml> for
the San Francisco, Oakland, San Carlos, Palo Alto, and San Jose
airports (all showing 12-13 C) are:

    KSFO 180756Z 23006KT 10SM OVC016 13/09 A2999 RMK AO2 SLP156
        T01280094 401720122
    KOAK 180753Z 27008KT 10SM OVC017 13/10 A3000 RMK AO2 SLP157
        T01330100 401780122
    KSQL 180347Z 31010KT 10SM SCT030 12/09 A2996 RMK LAST
    KPAO 180347Z 30008KT 12SM FEW020 SCT200 12/08 A2995 RMK LAST
    KSJC 180753Z 34005KT 10SM OVC018 13/08 A2999 RMK AO2 SLP155
        T01280083 401940111

The SQL/PAO reports stop at 9:00pm local, which which why they're
only showing "scattered/few" clouds at ~2-3 Kft, while the others
(4 hrs later) show "overcast" at 1600-1800'. Winds are light, 5-10 kts,
varying from out of the the SW to NW as one moves from the north to
south of the Bay. Horizontal visibility is quite good (but with
only a 3-4 C difference between temp & dew point, fog developing
later is possible), and the barometric pressure stands at ~30" Hg.

-----

627 26th Avenue                 <URL:http://www.rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403             (650)572-2607

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:06:08 GMT

1. ILC 2002 - Last Call for Participation

2. ILC 2002 - Last Call For Participation

3. ILC 2002 - Last Call For Participation

4. ILC 2002 - Last Call For Participation

5. ILC 2002 - Last Call For Participation

6. ESUG'2002 Call for Participation

7. Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

8. APL 2002 Madrid Call for Participation

9. OOPSLA 2002: Call for Participation

10. Call for Papers/Participation: 2002 International Symposium on Memory Management (ISMM)

11. MPOOL 2002 - Call for Participation

12. IFL 2002 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION