D5: SystemBrowser/Delete class
Author Message
 D5: SystemBrowser/Delete class

Hi,

Deleting a class in the SB Class Hierarchy intermittently gives me the
appended walkback.

To reproduce, delete the class using the context menu command. Position the
"Delete Class ..." dialog so that the mouse pointer is over the Class
Hierarchy pane when "Yes" is clicked.

Thanks,
Steve Waring

2:31:24 PM, Saturday, 4 May 2002: 'UndefinedObject does not understand
#forecolor:'
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
[] in UndefinedObject>>{unbound}doIt
NMTVCUSTOMDRAW(NMCUSTOMDRAW)>>evaluateDrawBlock:
TreeView(IconicListAbstract)>>customDrawItem:
TreeView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmCustomDraw:
TreeView(ControlView)>>nmNotify:
[] in TreeView>>nmNotify:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>at:ifAbsent:
TreeView>>nmNotify:
ReferenceView(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
ReferenceView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
TreeView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
TreeView(ControlView)>>wmPaint:wParam:lParam:
TreeView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

===

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:49:16 GMT
 D5: SystemBrowser/Delete class
I've run into a walkback with the SystemBrowser that thought I'd post here. It
might be related to what Steve reported, as it also involves an NMTVCUSTOMDRAW
and forecolor.

Quote:

> Deleting a class in the SB Class Hierarchy intermittently gives me the
> appended walkback.

> To reproduce, delete the class using the context menu command. Position the
> "Delete Class ..." dialog so that the mouse pointer is over the Class
> Hierarchy pane when "Yes" is clicked.

> 2:31:24 PM, Saturday, 4 May 2002: 'UndefinedObject does not understand
> #forecolor:'
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> [] in UndefinedObject>>{unbound}doIt
> NMTVCUSTOMDRAW(NMCUSTOMDRAW)>>evaluateDrawBlock:
> TreeView(IconicListAbstract)>>customDrawItem:
> [snip]

The exceptions, which I was getting intermittently, were either:
    Unhandled exception - a Win32Error('The parameter is incorrect. (16r57: The
parameter is incorrect.)')
or:
    Unhandled exception - a Win32Error('The operation completed successfully.
(16r0: The operation completed successfully.)')

I guess the 2nd version is an example of an oxymoronic error. :-)

It seemed to be happening quasi-randomly while selecting or scrolling in the
method list of the System Browser. I finally worked out a way to reproduce it
reliably on a {*filter*} D5 Pro image. This is on Windows 98 4.10.2222 A, with the
screen set to 1024 by 768 and 24-bit color.

Open a System Browser.
    - Expand the folder "Object Arts"
    - Select package "SUnit"
    - Select class "TestCase"
    - Select method "areAllResourcesAvailable"

It can also happen just by hovering over "areAllResourcesAvailable". Actually
if the method name pops up (it's too long to be displayed in the default sized
list view), just move the mouse outside the window and then hover over
"areAllResourcesAvailable" again. The second hover will produce the walkback.

I've done some investigating and found that the IndexedColor has had values
like 22488887 or 21470160 which in hex are 16r1572737 and 16r1479BD0. Maybe I
don't really understand IndexedColors, but should the 24-bit portion of the
values ever be that big?

In closing, let me join the chorus in saying (a few minor glitches not
withstanding) that D5 looks really great! Thanks.

-Bill

20:27:21, Saturday, 04 May, 2002: Unhandled exception - a Win32Error('The
parameter is incorrect. (16r57: The parameter is incorrect.)')
GDILibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>systemError
IndexedColor>>asRGBUsingPalette:
IndexedColor>>asRGB
IndexedColor(Color)>>fadedBy:
[] in UndefinedObject>>{unbound}doIt
NMLVCUSTOMDRAW(NMCUSTOMDRAW)>>evaluateDrawBlock:
ListView>>customDrawSubItem:
ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmCustomDraw:
ListView(ControlView)>>nmNotify:
[] in ListView>>nmNotify:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>at:ifAbsent:
ListView>>nmNotify:
ReferenceView(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
ReferenceView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ListView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:

Shoshana Technologies
100 West Joy Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105  USA

Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:38:52 GMT

1. Delete class walkback

2. Dolphin 4 class delete bug

3. deleting a class

4. No warning for refs to methods on a Deleted class

5. deleting a class

6. delete class binding for one element

7. Delete of itcl class

8. Deleting all instances of a class ?

9. Delete key on keyboard deleting records

10. Deleted procs not deleted???

11. Delete all files in Dir or delete Dir

12. Keyboard Delete button to delete row in array