V286 SVGA patch?
Author Message
 V286 SVGA patch?

Thanks to the posts on running Digitalk's V286 on a 486 I was able to
get my old copy of v286 running.  But it is old enough that it does
not have a setting for a SVGA display.  Does anyone know of a patch
for this?  I suspect I need to do more than just change the arguments of
the "setWidth: height:" message of DisplayScreen VGA640x480.

--
Paul Jacobson            | "academics are a scurvy lot,

geophysics               |  not like normal men and womian." Ogden Nash

Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:00:13 GMT
 V286 SVGA patch?

: Thanks to the posts on running Digitalk's V286 on a 486 I was able to
: get my old copy of v286 running.  But it is old enough that it does
: not have a setting for a SVGA display.  Does anyone know of a patch
: for this?  I suspect I need to do more than just change the arguments of
: the "setWidth: height:" message of DisplayScreen VGA640x480.

There is only one way to get SVGA resolution. You have to have ATI VGA Wonder
card and the mouse attached to the card's bus connector.
- Thomas
--
Thomas Muhr - Project Public Health (A4) - Technical University of Berlin
ATLAS/ti - Computer Supported Text Interpretation & Theory Building

Fri, 02 May 1997 04:30:45 GMT
 V286 SVGA patch?

: : Thanks to the posts on running Digitalk's V286 on a 486 I was able to
: : get my old copy of v286 running.  But it is old enough that it does
: : not have a setting for a SVGA display.  Does anyone know of a patch
: : for this?  I suspect I need to do more than just change the arguments of
: : the "setWidth: height:" message of DisplayScreen VGA640x480.

: There is only one way to get SVGA resolution. You have to have ATI VGA Wonder
: card and the mouse attached to the card's bus connector.
: - Thomas

I was able to display 800x600 by setting the width&height and the mode
(using data from my display card).  But the cursor does not display
(the mouse works otherwise) - unless I turn off the mouse driver.
So I suspect the problem is in the mouse primitive.  That would explain
why things would work with a mouse integrated with the video card.

Paul Jacobson            | "academics are a scurvy lot,

geophysics               |  not like normal men and womian." Ogden Nash

Fri, 02 May 1997 09:00:31 GMT

1. gawk FPAT patch: patch to the patch

2. PATCHES: Patch Archive Updated http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/research/tcl/patch/

3. V286 to Win32 port

4. Looking for Smalltalk/V286 DOS

5. Digitalk V286 and Windows 2000?

6. accessing DOS memory with Smalltalk/V286 R1.1

7. CANNOT Smalltalk V286 on 486???

8. ST/V286: Does it run on Power PCs??

9. Tiff viewer in Smalltalk /V286

10. V286: dead?

11. Digitalk Smalltalk/V286 and OS/2

12. Smalltalk/V286 Communications Pack Available?