{ VA ] Dynamic Table Sizing
Author Message
 { VA ] Dynamic Table Sizing

Hello All,

I am using a container widget & column widgets to create a "table'.  There
are a variable number of rows in the table.  I would like to dynamically
re-size the table based on the number of items in the table.

I have tried changing the bottom offset of the offset spec.  This does not
automatically change the table size.  I also tried sending redrawWidget.
This does not take the new offset into effect...

Any help would be apreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Allan Wick

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 { VA ] Dynamic Table Sizing

Quote:

> Hello All,

> I am using a container widget & column widgets to create a "table'.  There
> are a variable number of rows in the table.  I would like to dynamically
> re-size the table based on the number of items in the table.

> I have tried changing the bottom offset of the offset spec.  This does not
> automatically change the table size.  I also tried sending redrawWidget.
> This does not take the new offset into effect...

> Any help would be apreciated...

> Thanks in advance,

> Allan Wick

If by 'offset spec', you mean the offset for the bottom edge of the
framing spec, the change won't take effect until you set the framing
spec again. Try something like this:

| fs |
fs := aPart framingSpec.
fs bottomEdge offset: self newOffset.
aPart framingSpec: fs.

Mike Silverstein, Lead Architect        voice: (919) 363-3946
SilverMark, Inc.                          fax: (919) 362-0772

Raleigh, NC                         http://www.silvermark.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 { VA ] Dynamic Table Sizing

Quote:

> Hello All,

> I am using a container widget & column widgets to create a "table'.  There
> are a variable number of rows in the table.  I would like to dynamically
> re-size the table based on the number of items in the table.

> I have tried changing the bottom offset of the offset spec.  This does not
> automatically change the table size.  I also tried sending redrawWidget.
> This does not take the new offset into effect...

> Any help would be apreciated...

> Thanks in advance,

> Allan Wick

seems to me you should be using scroll bars instead of resizing the
container....  dynamically changing things generally make for bad guis...

but, resizing it should be possible.  We have all sorts of problems with
the resize method.  sorry I can no longer give you specific, its been a
while since I did this...  There are some good examples of resizing forms
in the manuals, and that proceedure should be the same..

        -stephen
--
Union Bank of Switzerland
Software Engineering

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VA's table --wondering how

2. Exporting and importing tables through VA

3. VA table - hide a column ?

4. Dynamic GUI Building in VA

5. Dynamic Menus in VA Smalltalk

6. Dynamic drop down list in VA 3.0a ?

7. VA dynamic dialogs and connections

8. VA: size the main window

9. VA 4.0 - restrict window sizing

10. Dynamic tables

11. Blinker - 1185 Dynamic Table Space is Full error message

12. Dynamic Hash Tables