IP-Address of NT-Client in VA-ST 4.0
Author Message
 IP-Address of NT-Client in VA-ST 4.0

Hi,

I'm on a project using VisualAge for Smalltalk.
For security reasons we need to know the IP-Address of
the Windows-NT Client Workstation where the application
is currently running.
How can I ask myself in VA-ST which IP-address I have?

Thanks,
Dietmar Heinrich

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IP-Address of NT-Client in VA-ST 4.0

Quote:
>Hi,

>I'm on a project using VisualAge for Smalltalk.
>For security reasons we need to know the IP-Address of
>the Windows-NT Client Workstation where the application
>is currently running.
>How can I ask myself in VA-ST which IP-address I have?

>Thanks,
>Dietmar Heinrich

If you have the TCP/IP portion of the Communications package you can
get the local host name by using

AbtTCPInetHost localHostName.

Which returns a string such .  You can also get the TCP/IP address by
using

AbtTCPInetHost localHost dottedDecimalAddress.

Which also returns a string.

If you do not have the communications pacjage you would probably need
to write an interace to the winsock functions.

Take care,

Jay O'Connot

Jay O'Connor

http://www.jmpstart.com

"Aim at heaven and you get earth thrown in.  Aim at earth and you get neither" - C.S.Lewis

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VA Assist tryout version on VA 3.0a /NT 4.0

2. VA Assist tryout version on VA 3.0a /NT 4.0

3. Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address

4. Getting Client's IP Address

5. How to get IP address of client from server

6. How do I get the clients IP address ?

7. getting clients ip address

8. VA for ST ver 4.0 problems

9. VA for ST 4.0 - Invisible?-)

10. CLIENT (Windows 3.1 or 95 or NT) to MVS-CICS via TCP/IP or other gateway

11. VA/ST 4.0 Pro -- First Impressions

12. OS Thread Support in VA ST 4.0