Looking for Parser Generator for VAST 4.5
Author Message
 Looking for Parser Generator for VAST 4.5

We are looking for tools to allow us to develop language parsers in
Visual Age Smalltalk 4.5. We have a requirement to develop a custom macro
language for a new project and a Smalltalk equivalent of lex and yacc
would make life a bit simpler for us.

Does anyone know of any such tool ?

Cheers,

Sean Akers.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Parser Generator for VAST 4.5
T-gen at

  ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/ibm/T-gen21/

I did a project in Atlanta where t-gen (VW version) was used to develop
a language to write commission plans.  It's free but it works very well.

--tc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Parser Generator for VAST 4.5
I had some minor problems loading it in VA45. There is a name clash in the
Dictionary and SetDictionary classes (Dictionary>>#elements is already
defined in va45)
I' have solved it with:

!BidirectionalEdgeLabeledDigraphNode publicMethods !

predecessors

 ^self predecessorLabelMap allElements! !

!EdgeLabeledDigraphNode publicMethods !

successors

 ^self edgeLabelMap allElements! !

!SetDictionary publicMethods !

allElements

 | allElements |
 allElements := Set new.
 self do: [:set | allElements addAll: set].
 ^allElements!

"#elements does not exist."! !

!Dictionary publicMethods !

allElements

 ^self valuesAsSet! !

It appears to work ok now.
Regards
A.Mottadelli

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VAST 4.5 startup problem

2. VAST 4.5 startup problem

3. Using DB2 Export in VAST 4.5

4. VAST 4.5 - ODBC Calls Hang Using Abt Coroutine Calls

5. Install VAST 4.5

6. VOSS 3.0 for VAST 4.5, free evaluation

7. VAST 4.5 : Open Part to Edit

8. VAST 4.5 seems to be slow(er)!

9. VAST 4.5 SST IIOP Examples

10. VAST 4.5 - OS/2