4.5 Directory Selection Dialog
Author Message
 4.5 Directory Selection Dialog

Hi,

  I am searching for a windows style dialog, which lets the user select
a directory. The standard open or save dialog do not return directories.
I need this for VAST 4.5 running on a windows nt workstation.

  Has someone a hint for me?

Bernd

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 4.5 Directory Selection Dialog
Hi Bernd,

SHBrowseForFolder in Shell32.dll will do what you want if you can
figure out how to interface to it. I wrote my own interface for VSE and
it was only modestly difficult. Don't know whether VAST has an
interface to this method or not. As far as I know this is the only way
that is built into Windows to select a directory.

You can also use the same method to browse for printers as well as
network resources such as computers and network directories.

If you expect to write your own interface you will need to get ahold of
the windows platform SDK from the MSDN or one of the MS development
tools.

--
Joe Herr

Quote:
> Hi,

>   I am searching for a windows style dialog, which lets the user
select
> a directory. The standard open or save dialog do not return
directories.
> I need this for VAST 4.5 running on a windows nt workstation.

>   Has someone a hint for me?

> Bernd

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 4.5 Directory Selection Dialog
Bernd,

I think totallyobjects have something for that in their freeware
section:

http://www.totallyobjects.com/tofree.htm

good luck,

Tom

Quote:

> > Hi,

> >   I am searching for a windows style dialog, which lets the user
> select
> > a directory. The standard open or save dialog do not return
> directories.
> > I need this for VAST 4.5 running on a windows nt workstation.

> >   Has someone a hint for me?

> > Bernd

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 4.5 Directory Selection Dialog

Quote:

> Hi,

>   I am searching for a windows style dialog, which lets the user select
> a directory. The standard open or save dialog do not return directories.
> I need this for VAST 4.5 running on a windows nt workstation.

>   Has someone a hint for me?

> Bernd

Check the University of Illinois site - a couple solutions were posted
there a few years ago.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. directory selection dialog box anywhere?

2. Selecting Directories using Tk File Selection Dialog.

3. selecting directories in File selection dialog.

4. Looping over a directory and reading Jpegs into a database -- Realbasic 4.5

5. Directory Dialog/File Dialog

6. Graphic selection from dialog

7. (VW 1.0) Need help: Graphic selection from dialog

8. Does CW have a File Selection Dialog Box

9. File Dialog multi Selections

10. 2 button dialog that times out if no selection

11. Language-bug in dir-selection-dialog-box?

12. Multiple file selection dialog box