How to generate source code listings?
Author Message
 How to generate source code listings?

I am wondering if there is public-domain (read free) code to print reasonably
readable source code in VA3.0a?

I know that OTI has Envy/QA others componies have comparable products
but their price is way out of my budget and for the moment
those systems appear to be an overkill for us.

Ideally, I am looking for a set of classes that can print the source code for
an application in a format such as RTF or HTML (plain ASCII would
be better than nothing).

-------------------------
Laurent Gauthier
Agr. Eng. Dept., Laval University
Quebec, Canada
-------------------------

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to generate source code listings?

Quote:

>Ideally, I am looking for a set of classes that can print the source code for
>an application in a format such as RTF or HTML (plain ASCII would
>be better than nothing).

For plain ascii, simply file out a class or application...

Dave

David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY

Home Page: http://www.dnsmith.com/
Any opinions or recommendations are those
of the author and not of his employer.

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to generate source code listings?

Quote:
> I am wondering if there is public-domain (read free) code to print
reasonably
> readable source code in VA3.0a?
> Ideally, I am looking for a set of classes that can print the source code
for
> an application in a format such as RTF or HTML (plain ASCII would
> be better than nothing).

I am looking for the same for VisualWorks

Sun, 03 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to generate source code listings?

Quote:

> > I am wondering if there is public-domain (read free) code to print
> reasonably
> > readable source code in VA3.0a?

> > Ideally, I am looking for a set of classes that can print the source code
> for
> > an application in a format such as RTF or HTML (plain ASCII would
> > be better than nothing).

> I am looking for the same for VisualWorks

Malcolm,

I thought you were using the Browser Syntax Highlighting Package for
VisualWorks?  There is also included a report writer class producing
highlighted{*filter*}source -- and{*filter*}is for free, too :-)

Regards,

Bert

PS: The Syntax-Highlighting is available at UIUC archive or from my
    homepage, see below.

--

    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~bert/

Mon, 04 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to generate source code listings?

Quote:

> I am wondering if there is public-domain (read free) code to print reasonably
> readable source code in VA3.0a?

> I know that OTI has Envy/QA others componies have comparable products
> but their price is way out of my budget and for the moment
> those systems appear to be an overkill for us.

> Ideally, I am looking for a set of classes that can print the source code for
> an application in a format such as RTF or HTML (plain ASCII would
> be better than nothing).

> -------------------------
> Laurent Gauthier
> Agr. Eng. Dept., Laval University
> Quebec, Canada
> -------------------------Laurent,

there was a series of articles in The Smalltalk Report on the topic
of document generation. I only have the last issue, September 1996.
There are two previous articles which probably appeared in June and
July-August. The articles implement an HTTP server which queries a
smalltalk image providing HTML listings of code.

Cheers,
Steve

Fri, 08 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to generate source code listings?

Quote:
>I am wondering if there is public-domain (read free) code to print reasonably
>readable source code in VA3.0a?

>I know that OTI has Envy/QA others componies have comparable products
>but their price is way out of my budget and for the moment
>those systems appear to be an overkill for us.

>Ideally, I am looking for a set of classes that can print the source code for
>an application in a format such as RTF or HTML (plain ASCII would
>be better than nothing).

>-------------------------
>Laurent Gauthier
>Agr. Eng. Dept., Laval University
>Quebec, Canada
>-------------------------

We are quite interested in producing such a tool.

From what we are seeing, it would have the following capabilities.

1. To operate on an application
2. To provide user defined formats (with user profiles)
3. To re-compile with the new format
4. To format the text only and send it to a file
5. To format the text only and send it to a printer

Anything else you want?

We would see this as a $30 - $50 utility.

Comments would be appreciated

www.lamplight.co.uk
lamplight.terabit.net.
lamplight.terabit.net/chitchat

www.lamplight.co.uk
lamplight.terabit.net

Fri, 08 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to generate source code listings?

Quote:

>Ideally, I am looking for a set of classes that can print the source code for
>an application in a format such as RTF or HTML

Check out:
http://sracog.srainc.com/~aoki/htmls/FreeSoftwareForSmalltalk.html

One of the many free pieces of code there is "HTML Report Writer"
-brent

..._ .. ... .._ ._ ._.. .. __.. . .__ .... .. ._. ._.. . _.. .__. . ._ ...
Brent Neal Reeves                                        TwinBear Research

Mon, 11 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to generate source code listings?

Quote:

>>Ideally, I am looking for a set of classes that can print the source code for
>>an application in a format such as RTF or HTML

>Check out:
>http://sracog.srainc.com/~aoki/htmls/FreeSoftwareForSmalltalk.html

>One of the many free pieces of code there is "HTML Report Writer"
>-brent

>..._ .. ... .._ ._ ._.. .. __.. . .__ .... .. ._. ._.. . _.. .__. . ._ ...
>Brent Neal Reeves                                        TwinBear Research

Unfortunately, the request was for VA 3.0a not Visual Works so it
won't be much use to the requestor!

David

www.lamplight.co.uk
lamplight.terabit.net

Thu, 14 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating printed source code listings

2. source code listing on iris

3. Source code listing and x-ref map in Sun Fortran

4. Embedded source code comments not being generated

5. generating class diagrams from VAST 4.0 source code

6. What GOOD CAD/* editor can handle VRML2.0 and generate JAVA (source ) code

7. Source code output generated by AdaSAGE

8. Free source code output generated by AdaSAGE

9. Generating Prolog source code.

10. Generate DLL code from Tcl source

11. Data Recovery SOURCE CODE ( SOURCE CODES of Professional Data Recovery Software )

12. Converting FORTRAN source code to C source code