How to provide a Windows printer selection for host printing
Author Message
 How to provide a Windows printer selection for host printing

We have an application that has been out in the field for years using the VW
Windows host printing support. This facility prints to the default printer,
and to date we have not had to address the issue of having to provide
printer selection to our users. We now have a situation where a client is
trying to run our app on the server via Citrix or Terminal server and
naturally now wants to be able to control the destination printer.

To avoid re-inventing the wheel, I would appreciate feedback from anyone who
has done this from VW or has some useful suggestions.

regards Denis

---------------------------------
Denis Johnson
BCC Advertising Systems Pty. Ltd

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to provide a Windows printer selection for host printing

Quote:

> We have an application that has been out in the field for years using the VW
> Windows host printing support. This facility prints to the default printer,
> and to date we have not had to address the issue of having to provide
> printer selection to our users. We now have a situation where a client is
> trying to run our app on the server via Citrix or Terminal server and
> naturally now wants to be able to control the destination printer.

> To avoid re-inventing the wheel, I would appreciate feedback from anyone who
> has done this from VW or has some useful suggestions.

Contact Cincom support.  They have some code available that talks to the
Windows API for that.
Quote:

> regards Denis

> ---------------------------------
> Denis Johnson
> BCC Advertising Systems Pty. Ltd

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to provide a Windows printer selection for host printing

Quote:
> Hi !

I have the (dll and c connect) vw code for printer properties!

If you need it, drop me a mail !

Obermann Gerhard

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

2. printing from clipper prog in windows env to windows printer

3. Print to a Windows Share or Windows printer?

4. Host printing in Windows

5. Windows apps cannot print to HP inkjet printers - HELP

6. Problems printing with no-windows printers + win'9x

7. Whant to make dos application printing directly on a windows printer

8. dos error 3 printing to local printer in windows 2000 - clipper 5.2

9. Printing to "Windows Printers"

10. Printing to Windows Generic Printer Problem

11. Printing to GUI printers windows/ spool linux

12. Printing to "windows only" printers