ENVY Application file in to non-ENVY VisualWorks
Author Message
 ENVY Application file in to non-ENVY VisualWorks

I seem to remember a file in for non-ENVY VisualWorks that allows one to
file in ENVY Applications.  Is that free to use?  If so, does anyone
know where I can get it?

--
Scott Cowan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ENVY Application file in to non-ENVY VisualWorks

Quote:

> I seem to remember a file in for non-ENVY VisualWorks that allows one to
> file in ENVY Applications.  Is that free to use?  If so, does anyone
> know where I can get it?

Even if you don't have one, it's easy enough to fix the problems.  Start
by trying to file-in an Envy-fileout.  As you get exceptions, you'll
need to add methods (probably to Behavior).  I've built compat modes for
VW that handle Dolphin and Squeak; I'll probably add an Envy mode when I
get round to-it ;-)

Quote:

--
James A. Robertson
Senior Sales Engineer

Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ENVY Application file in to non-ENVY VisualWorks

Quote:
> I seem to remember a file in for non-ENVY VisualWorks that allows one to
> file in ENVY Applications.  Is that free to use?  If so, does anyone
> know where I can get it?

> --
> Scott Cowan

OTI distributes a small file-in or parcel, depending on your release that
supplies dummy classes for Application and Subapplication. Look for
something along the lines of Emapps.pcl in the ENVY/Developer distribution.
You will need to set the file out options for non-ENVY file-outs otherwise
the methods will be tagged as public or private, which VisualWorks does not
understand.

Of course, there are lots of things that can go wrong, but just having
Application defined is a start.

--

John L. Baker

Advanced Boolean Concepts, Ltd.
http://www.advbool.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. file-out from Envy image for use in non-envy image

2. How exporting Parcels From Envy For Non-Envy

3. Non-Envy from Envy image, how?

4. Envy to Non-Envy Image Conversion?

5. Semantics of Envy Application (was Re: Envy's Prerequisite Graph)

6. US-Atlanta-Smalltalk Application Programmers-VisualWorks,UNIX,Client/Server,Oracle,ENVY

7. ST VisualWorks- Smalltalk, VisualWorks and Envy

8. Storing non-Smalltalk files in ENVY mgr

9. file out Application from Envy into a non-Envy image?

10. 3.0 + Envy -> 5i.X + Envy

11. ENVY: No Datasets in envy???

12. Envy 1.43->Envy 3.01 core dumps