VisualWorks 2.0 Pentium vs. 486?
Author Message
 VisualWorks 2.0 Pentium vs. 486?

     I am trying to get some benchmarks to help me quantify the
     productivity improvement of a Pentium 90 over a comparably equipped
     486/66.

     We will be using Envy/Developer with an eight-person team.

     Thanks in advance.

Wed, 25 Jun 1997 01:38:00 GMT

:
:      We will be using Envy/Developer with an eight-person team.
:

:
:      Thanks in advance.

Pentium 90 is about 2-3 times faster than 486/66.
Visual 2.0 is more appropriate for Pentium than 486.
Nowdays, you can get Pentium-90 with price of 486 just 6 month ago.

-- sehyo chang

Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:39:44 GMT

1. Pentium vs. 486 speed

2. Compiling/486 -vs- Pentium

3. Fortran development on 286/386/486 vs Pentium???

4. Intel 486 vs AMD 486

5. VisualWorks 2.0 vs VisualWorks 2.5

6. 486 vs Sparc vs Mac

7. HELP: FP Calculations clobbered by a pgm's local interrupt handler on PENTIUM, 486

8. 486 (and now Pentium) assembler for Win32 FORTH

9. 486 & Pentium Eflags and CR0 regs

10. paging in 486 or Pentium

11. 64 bits operations on 486/Pentium

12. HELP: FP Calculations clobbered by a pgm's local interrupt handler on PENTIUM, 486