FS: IBM Smalltalk
Author Message
 FS: IBM Smalltalk

Hello,

I've got some IBM-Smalltalk packages left for sale for
a very reasonable price, so here they are:

IBM Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard  $400
IBM Smalltalk 3.0 fuer OS/2 Standard    $400

IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard     $650
IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Professional $1650

IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for OS/2 Standard        $550
IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for OS/2 Professional    $1550

These are some of the best known Smalltalk Developing Tools around,
they
are worth every single dollar :-)) . The Professional packages are
being sold in the stores for about $3.300,
the Standard Packages cost about $1.300 in the stores right now.
You can check the street prices at ProgrammersParadise
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

So I'm selling the packages for half the price or less,
each package is available only once. The buyer has to pay the
shipping as well.

Most of the packages are unopened, the full license goes to the buyer,

even for the packages I've opened (one of them is registered to me,
but
I will transfer the license to the buyer, that's no problem with
IBM...).

+49-2161-460591.

Greetings,
Bruno{*filter*}hoff
Germany

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM Smalltalk

Quote:

>Hello,
>I've got some IBM-Smalltalk packages left for sale for
>a very reasonable price, so here they are:
>IBM Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard  $400
>IBM Smalltalk 3.0 fuer OS/2 Standard    $400
>IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard     $650
>IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Professional $1650

Is it not true that IBM is distributing already VisualAge
Smalltalk 4.5?...

A.L.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM Smalltalk
Yes it is, 4.5 has been in beta for some time and will be out shortly.
Someoe obviously wants to unload their garbage on some unsuspecting
victims.
Quote:

> >Hello,

> >I've got some IBM-Smalltalk packages left for sale for
> >a very reasonable price, so here they are:

> >IBM Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard  $400
> >IBM Smalltalk 3.0 fuer OS/2 Standard    $400

> >IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard     $650
> >IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Professional $1650

> Is it not true that IBM is distributing already VisualAge
> Smalltalk 4.5?...

> A.L.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM Smalltalk

Quote:
>Yes it is, 4.5 has been in beta for some time and will be out shortly.
>Someoe obviously wants to unload their garbage on some unsuspecting
>victims.

>> >Hello,

>> >I've got some IBM-Smalltalk packages left for sale for
>> >a very reasonable price, so here they are:

>> >IBM Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard  $400
>> >IBM Smalltalk 3.0 fuer OS/2 Standard    $400

>> >IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard     $650
>> >IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Professional $1650

>> Is it not true that IBM is distributing already VisualAge
>> Smalltalk 4.5?...

>> A.L.

In fact if you can get hold of a legal copy of IBM Smalltalk 3.0, this
is a very cheap way to upgrade to 4.0x and then 4.5.

When IBM announced 4.0, they made even 3.0 ST an upgrade vehicle.

Currently ProVantage offer an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 at $914.99 .
Their current price for 4.0 off the shelf is $3557. Getting to 4.5
from there is no different than if you had 4.0 in the first place.

Mind you, they probably want to see the proof of purchase and the
unlock codes for 3.0, don't they?

GO SMALLTALK

http://www.totallyobjects.com - THE Smalltalk resource

Totally Objects is an IBM Object Connection member

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM Smalltalk
I've got some IBM-Smalltalk packages left for sale for
a very reasonable price, so here they are:

IBM Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard  $400
IBM Smalltalk 3.0 fuer OS/2 Standard    $400

IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard     $650
IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Professional $1650

IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for OS/2 Standard        $550
IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for OS/2 Professional    $1550

(The Windows Packages are version 3.1, they do run under NT4 as well
as under Win 3.1)

These are some of the best known Smalltalk Developing Tools around,
they
are worth every single dollar :-)) . The Professional packages are
being sold in the stores for about $3.300,
the Standard Packages cost about $1.300 in the stores right now.
You can check the street prices at ProgrammersParadise
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

So I'm selling the packages for half the price or less,
each package is available only once. The buyer has to pay the
shipping as well.

Most of the packages are unopened, the full license goes to the buyer,

even for the packages I've opened (one of them is registered to me,
but
I will transfer the license to the buyer, that's no problem with
IBM...).

+49-2161-460591.

Greetings,
Bruno{*filter*}hoff
Germany

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM Smalltalk

Quote:

>I've got some IBM-Smalltalk packages left for sale for
>a very reasonable price, so here they are:

>IBM Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard  $400
>IBM Smalltalk 3.0 fuer OS/2 Standard    $400

>IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Standard     $650
>IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows Professional $1650

>IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for OS/2 Standard        $550
>IBM VisualAge Smalltalk 3.0 for OS/2 Professional    $1550

Version 3.0 is getting quite old. There have been major updates in both
4.0 and 4.5. $1650 for the Pro version sounds completely out of line to
me since in 4.5 you get all that and more in the base package.

I assume these include the documentation package, the CD, AND the key to
unlock the CD? Without the key they are worthless, and the documentation
is no longer available (except maybe on the CD in some non-standard
format; I don't recall IBM/ST using .PDF until V4.0).

Dave

David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY

Home Page: http://www.dnsmith.com/
Any opinions or recommendations are those
of the author and not of his employer.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. FS: IBM Smalltalk 2.0 for OS/2

2. FS: IBM Smalltalk 3.0 Prof. and Standard

3. Smalltalk Books FS: Distributed Smalltalk and Rapid S/W Development with Smalltalk

4. FS: IBM System/370 Emergency Pull Knob

5. FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card

6. FS: IBM Macro ASM V 2.0

7. FS: IBM Macro ASM V 2.0

8. DALLAS Application Developer - IBM Visual Age/SmallTalk, Informix, Perl and IBM AIX

9. Looking for IBM VisualAge Java/IBM VisualAge Smalltalk teachers

10. Looking for Senior Engineer with Smalltalk,(IBM VisualAge Smalltalk prefered ) , NT, DB2 and MQ Series knowledge

11. Porting from PPS Smalltalk to IBM Smalltalk.

12. Porting Some Code from SmallTalk/V to IBM Smalltalk