Oracle integration with VisualWorks2.5.2
Author Message
 Oracle integration with VisualWorks2.5.2

We are working on the integration of ORACLE8.0 with an application
already working under VW2.5.2c and DST5.6. We want to add the database
for persistency reasons. Right now all the objects are in the
application. Can somebody suggest a good way of going about doing this.
How do you map objects and their components to the database,  for e.g.
collections and dictionaries.
Thanx in adavance
Syed W. Azim

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Oracle integration with VisualWorks2.5.2

You can et Oracle 8 support directly in VW 3.0.  As part of our Monza
initiative (Distributed Transaction support for Oracle 8) we are building
a connect to O8 that takes advantage of all the Object features of Oracle8.

Feel free to call me at the number below for information.

James A. Robertson

phone: 410 952-0471

<note that I am posting through my wife's account.  I don't claim to speak for
her>

Quote:
>We are working on the integration of ORACLE8.0 with an application
>already working under VW2.5.2c and DST5.6. We want to add the database
>for persistency reasons. Right now all the objects are in the
>application. Can somebody suggest a good way of going about doing this.
>How do you map objects and their components to the database,  for e.g.
>collections and dictionaries.
>Thanx in adavance
>Syed W. Azim

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VisualWorks2 and Oracle

2. VisualWorks2, Oracle, and Performance

3. SYSTEM INTEGRATION ENGINEER(IX, JAVA, Automated Integration, Clearcase, JPython)

4. VisualWorks2.5 Win95/NT : Accessing the Registry

5. Serial Ports on VisualWorks2.5

6. Upgrade from Oracle-7 to Oracle-8

7. CW2003 Oracle Connect and Oracle 8 DLL's

8. USING ORACLE ACCELERATOR WITH ORACLE 8

9. Oracle DLLs required by Oracle Connect

10. Oracle Accelerator vs Oracle Sequences

11. Oracle / Oracle Connect Info

12. Python Oracle module for Oracle 8 -- NEED HELP!!!!