T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 released
Author Message
 T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 released

An update of the parser generator T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 is
available at:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Requirements:

- Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 Release

New since release 1.1:

- Reloading the project no longer creates multiple entries in the
Transcript->Tools menu.

- Added some changes to T-gen by Persist AG.

- Removed change to Object>>printString in tgen_mtfix_do_not_unload.sp.
Since stack-based printing now is turned off when the smalltalk.sp project
is loaded and smalltalk.sp is a prerequisite of the T-gen project,
this is no longer needed.

- Removed the methods which now are included in the standard
Smalltalk MT distribution version 2.6.

"T-gen is a general-purpose object-oriented tool for the automatic
generation of string-to-object translators. It is written in Smalltalk and
lives in the Smalltalk programming environment. T-gen supports the
generation of both top-down (LL) and bottom-up (LR) parsers, which will
automatically generate derivation trees, abstract syntax trees, or
arbitrary Smalltalk objects. The simple specification syntax and graphical
user interface enhance the learning, comprehension, and usefulness of T-
gen." (Abstract of original T-gen users guide.)

Ciao,
        Rolf

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 released
I am writing a parser using T-Gen in VAST 5.0.  I get this error message when
I parse the source with the following grammar.

Error during parsing...
    "Productions without translation symbols can only pass on results from a
single right-hand side nonterminal"

Grammar =
    Literal : '(' Number+ ')' {one:};
    Number :  <integer> {one:};

Source to be parsed = '( 1  2 )'.

The "one:" methods are just place holders to test the method calling feature.
It appears that I only get the error when I include the "one or more"
instruction in the Literal production.  My questions is, what kind of
parameter must I provide for the directive in the Literal production?

Chris

Quote:

--
Chris DeGreef
Obdobion Corporation

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 released

Quote:

>An update of the parser generator T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 is
>available at:

>        http://www.ruhr.de/home/kottan

Is this release 2.1 or 1.2?  It seems like both numbers are used to
describe this release.  (There doesn't seem to be a release 2.0 listed in
the history.)

David S. Cargo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 released
Hi Chris,

T-gen indicates that your grammar needed transformations. Thus, the
grammar T-gen is actually using when parsing the source is different
from the grammar you specified. The transformed grammar uses additional
productions for which you need to supply translation symbols, as T-gen
doesn't do this automatically. You may inspect the transformed grammar and
use it as a new starting point.

Quote:
> I am writing a parser using T-Gen in VAST 5.0.  I get this error message
> when I parse the source with the following grammar.

> Error during parsing...
>     "Productions without translation symbols can only pass on results from a
> single right-hand side nonterminal"

> Grammar =
>     Literal : '(' Number+ ')' {one:};
>     Number :  <integer> {one:};

> Source to be parsed = '( 1  2 )'.

> The "one:" methods are just place holders to test the method calling
> feature. It appears that I only get the error when I include the "one or
> more" instruction in the Literal production.  My questions is, what kind of
> parameter must I provide for the directive in the Literal production?

> Chris

> > An update of the parser generator T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 is
> > available at:

> >         http://www.ruhr.de/home/kottan

> > Requirements:

> > - Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 Release

> > New since release 1.1:

> > - Reloading the project no longer creates multiple entries in the
> > Transcript->Tools menu.

> > - Added some changes to T-gen by Persist AG.

> > - Removed change to Object>>printString in tgen_mtfix_do_not_unload.sp.
> > Since stack-based printing now is turned off when the smalltalk.sp project
> > is loaded and smalltalk.sp is a prerequisite of the T-gen project,
> > this is no longer needed.

> > - Removed the methods which now are included in the standard
> > Smalltalk MT distribution version 2.6.

> > "T-gen is a general-purpose object-oriented tool for the automatic
> > generation of string-to-object translators. It is written in Smalltalk and
> > lives in the Smalltalk programming environment. T-gen supports the
> > generation of both top-down (LL) and bottom-up (LR) parsers, which will
> > automatically generate derivation trees, abstract syntax trees, or
> > arbitrary Smalltalk objects. The simple specification syntax and graphical
> > user interface enhance the learning, comprehension, and usefulness of T-
> > gen." (Abstract of original T-gen users guide.)

> > Ciao,
> >         Rolf

> --
> Chris DeGreef
> Obdobion Corporation
> (630) 240-4344
> www.obdobion.com

Ciao,
        Rolf

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 released
David,

release 2.1 referres to the T-gen version which has been ported to
Smalltalk MT and 1.2 is the name of the latest release of the port. All my
releases of the port (1.0, 1.1 and now 1.2) are based on T-gen 2.1.

Ciao,
        Rolf

Quote:

> >An update of the parser generator T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 is
> >available at:

> >        http://www.ruhr.de/home/kottan

> Is this release 2.1 or 1.2?  It seems like both numbers are used to
> describe this release.  (There doesn't seem to be a release 2.0 listed in
> the history.)

> David S. Cargo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT released

2. Smalltalk MT 2.6 Preview

3. 180 Days Smalltalk MT 2.6 Evaluation Version

4. problem building 2.1 on Solaris 2.6

5. News: Smalltalk MT 1.5 RELEASED

6. T-Gen 2.1 for IBM VA, need Examples

7. T-gen Version 2.1 for OWST 4.1

8. freeze, VC++6.0 and Python 2.0 or 2.1

9. Bottom Feeder 2.6 Released

10. CA-Visual Objects 2.6 released

11. We made it !! Visual Eiffel 2.6 released

12. Mops 2.6 released