VisualWork, Time, and Daylight Savings TIme
Author Message
 VisualWork, Time, and Daylight Savings TIme

Hello,

        I just realized that the timing in my VW image did not adjust for the
DST changeover last weekend.  'Time now' now evaluates to an hour behind
the real time, as does 'Time currentTime'

        What gives?

--
Jay O'Connor

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~joconnor

"God himself plays the bass strings first when He tunes the soul"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VisualWork, Time, and Daylight Savings TIme

Quote:

> Hello,

>         I just realized that the timing in my VW image did not adjust for the
> DST changeover last weekend.  'Time now' now evaluates to an hour behind
> the real time, as does 'Time currentTime'

>         What gives?

> --
> Jay O'Connor

> http://www.roadrunner.com/~joconnor

> "God himself plays the bass strings first when He tunes the soul"

I took a quick look at this, and was wondering when you've got DST
ending?  I have a feeling that your image will give the correct time on
Oct 31....

Yes?

-pete
--
______    _______________    _____
      \  /Peter W. Hatch \  /
       >< Zen Smalltalker ><
______/  \_______________/  \_____

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VisualWork, Time, and Daylight Savings TIme
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:03:20 -0600, Peter Hatch

Quote:

>> Hello,

>>         I just realized that the timing in my VW image did not adjust for the
>> DST changeover last weekend.  'Time now' now evaluates to an hour behind
>> the real time, as does 'Time currentTime'

>>         What gives?

>> --
>> Jay O'Connor

>> http://www.roadrunner.com/~joconnor

>> "God himself plays the bass strings first when He tunes the soul"

>I took a quick look at this, and was wondering when you've got DST
>ending?  I have a feeling that your image will give the correct time on
>Oct 31....

Thanks.

Yeah, TimeZone default dayEndDST is 304 which should be Oct 31 so I
can see why it didn't rollover.

But I would have assumed that times were set from the system clock.
Does VW track time itself independent of the system clock?

And how did dayEndDST get set to 304 anyway?

Quote:
>Yes?

Yes...but why?

Quote:

>-pete
>--
>______        _______________    _____
>      \      /Peter W. Hatch \  /
>       >< Zen Smalltalker ><
>______/  \_______________/  \_____

Take care,

Jay O'Connor

http://www.roadrunner.com/~joconnor

"God himself plays on the bass strings first, when he tunes the soul"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VisualWork, Time, and Daylight Savings TIme

Quote:

> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:03:20 -0600, Peter Hatch

> >> Hello,

> >>         I just realized that the timing in my VW image did not adjust for the
> >> DST changeover last weekend.  'Time now' now evaluates to an hour behind
> >> the real time, as does 'Time currentTime'

> >>         What gives?

> >> --
> >> Jay O'Connor

> >> http://www.roadrunner.com/~joconnor

> >> "God himself plays the bass strings first when He tunes the soul"

> >I took a quick look at this, and was wondering when you've got DST
> >ending?  I have a feeling that your image will give the correct time on
> >Oct 31....

> Thanks.

> Yeah, TimeZone default dayEndDST is 304 which should be Oct 31 so I
> can see why it didn't rollover.

> But I would have assumed that times were set from the system clock.
> Does VW track time itself independent of the system clock?

> And how did dayEndDST get set to 304 anyway?

> >Yes?

> Yes...but why?

I dunno that one.  But, if you look at the Time Zones tab of the
Settings notebook, 304 appears frequently...  Beats me :-)

Quote:
> >-pete
> >--
> >______   _______________    _____
> >      \         /Peter W. Hatch \  /
> >       >< Zen Smalltalker ><
> >______/  \_______________/  \_____

> Take care,

> Jay O'Connor

> http://www.roadrunner.com/~joconnor

> "God himself plays on the bass strings first, when he tunes the soul"

--
______    _______________    _____
      \  /Peter W. Hatch \  /
       >< Zen Smalltalker ><
______/  \_______________/  \_____

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. time.daylight (Daylight Saving Time)

2. time zones, daylight saving time, and universal time

3. Daylight saving Time issue...

4. Daylight Savings Time

5. Daylight saving time

6. gmt vs. labview daylight saving time XL

7. DayLight Saving Time in LabView

8. Daylight Saving Time flag in BIOS

9. gnat304 Daylight Saving Time problem (was: compiler errors in GNAT 304a (win95))

10. time, strptime, daylight saving

11. Disregard daylight saving time

12. Daylight Savings Time goof