powerbuilder front-end to Visual-Works?
Author Message
 powerbuilder front-end to Visual-Works?

-> My company is planning on moving to a three-tiered architecture
-> for some of its existing Powerbuilder applications.   We envision
-> having separate "peer-applications" for presentation, business
-> logic and database management.  Specifically, we are interested in using
-> Powerbuilder for the user interface, and connect it to a server-side
-> application written in VisualWorks Smalltalk.
->
-> Has anyone used these tools in this manner before?  What issues
-> did you have to overcome?  Would you recommend this as a viable
-> architecture for large-scale systems?

If you are planning on using PB for simple database operations/viewing,
then sure.  If you want PB to tie into your business logic, it's more
trouble than it's worth, assuming it can even be done.  Really,
Powerbuilder is nothing more than a database front-end.

Andy

Sat, 28 Jun 1997 01:29:29 GMT
 powerbuilder front-end to Visual-Works?
My company is planning on moving to a three-tiered architecture
for some of its existing Powerbuilder applications.   We envision
having separate "peer-applications" for presentation, business
logic and database management.  Specifically, we are interested in using
Powerbuilder for the user interface, and connect it to a server-side
application written in VisualWorks Smalltalk.

Has anyone used these tools in this manner before?  What issues
did you have to overcome?  Would you recommend this as a viable
architecture for large-scale systems?

Paul

Fri, 27 Jun 1997 17:52:10 GMT

1. Visual Basic front end and Cobol back end

2. AAA VISUAL BASIC FRONT END TO THE CLARION LANGUAGE

3. Visual Basic Front End

4. xBase tables via Visual Basic front end

5. Visual Age PLI front end and SCCI

6. Visual front-end to Perl debugger?

7. US - BA, DESIGNERS NEEDED !! FRONT-END / BACK-END

8. CAD Engineer *** Front-End and Back-End Tool *** for Silicon Graphics, Mountain View, CA

9. US - BA, DESIGNERS NEEDED !! FRONT-END / BACK-END

10. web front-end, Python back end?

11. Browser front-end, python back-end