Just wondering
Author Message
 Just wondering

Following on from a comment in c.l.s...

The Dolphin Trial page has the following statement

"When you register for the trial you will be sent a serial number that is
valid for the trial period. This will normally enable your Dolphin
installation for around 30 days. The exact length of the trial depends on
what time of the month you register (expiry is always on the last day of a
month) but will always be between 21 and 35 days. "

How do you get "21 to 35" days? If it always expires on the last day of the
month then I would have thought it should be "21 to 51"  days?  If someone
registers today, with only twenty days to the end of this month, then from
the above it won't expire until the end of next month - 51 days.

Ian
(wannabee investigative reporter :))

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:52:38 GMT
 Just wondering
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:52:38 +0100,

Quote:

> Following on from a comment in c.l.s...

> The Dolphin Trial page has the following statement

> "When you register for the trial you will be sent a serial number that is
> valid for the trial period. This will normally enable your Dolphin
> installation for around 30 days. The exact length of the trial depends on
> what time of the month you register (expiry is always on the last day of a
> month) but will always be between 21 and 35 days. "

> How do you get "21 to 35" days? If it always expires on the last day of the
> month then I would have thought it should be "21 to 51"  days?  If someone
> registers today, with only twenty days to the end of this month, then from
> the above it won't expire until the end of next month - 51 days.

> Ian
> (wannabee investigative reporter :))

It *could* be that the clever folks at OA are counting
30 *working* days ... correctly taking out sundays and
automagically accounting for overtime once you're hooked.

s.
(merciless reasonator 8)

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:47:38 GMT

1. Wonders of IBM's REXX compiler

2. I was wondering...

3. VA's table --wondering how

4. BASIC's WONDER !!!!!!!!!!

5. I was wondering...

6. I was wondering...

7. Sharing violations -- wondering...

8. Rlock() wonder..

9. I was wondering...

10. Just wondering

11. Turning rote to wonder

12. new programmer wondering what to learn