Red Hat world tour
Author Message
 Red Hat world tour

I recently got back from the Red Hat world tour and thought I would drop in
a few comments.

1) Over 100 CD's containing VW were given out.

2) The linux part seemed a bit long and boring ( by the time that part was
over
3/4's of the people were gone. )

Saw another demo of the plugin.
Comments:
1)Wow is it fast! The code is so snappy it puts all the competition to
shame.
2)Soon to be very cross platform. They claim that they will start with
windows but
    will have other versions waiting in the wings for demand.
3)YOU WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO ROLL YOUR OWN PLUGGIN ( THIS IS
HUGE BECAUES IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO START WITH MOST OF YOUR
APP IN PLACE ).

Thanks Arden(sp?) for the demo and your time.

Cheers,
Steve

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Red Hat world tour

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Red Hat world tour
Hop

Quote:

> 2)Soon to be very cross platform. They claim that they will start with
> windows but
>     will have other versions waiting in the wings for demand.

Hopefully Macs will be included.  Anyone from Objectshare care to comment?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Red Hat world tour

Quote:

> Hop

> > 2)Soon to be very cross platform. They claim that they will start with
> > windows but
> >     will have other versions waiting in the wings for demand.

> Hopefully Macs will be included.  Anyone from Objectshare care to comment?

Yes, Macs will be included :-)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Red Hat world tour
I'm not from ObjectShare but I asked them that and there response was that
it would be easy to do and if there were paying customers that want it they
will create it.
Quote:

>Hop

>> 2)Soon to be very cross platform. They claim that they will start with
>> windows but
>>     will have other versions waiting in the wings for demand.

>Hopefully Macs will be included.  Anyone from Objectshare care to comment?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. visual works 3.1 image has segmentation fault on 2.4 kernel (red hat 8.0)

2. GNU Smalltalk 1.6.1 on Red Hat 5.2

3. awk2c on Red Hat 5.0

4. using red hat as a TPS file server.

5. Flagship & Red Hat 8

6. Forth RPM for Red Hat Linux

7. Font display problems under Red Hat Linux 7.3

8. Crash, using Jacob compiler and Red Hat 5

9. LORAX -- new Red Hat installation procedure written in Python

10. Problems installing mocka on Red Hat 8.0

11. Various Ruby RPMs available for Red Hat Linux 7.2

12. scm, emacs, rpm, and Red Hat 5.0