VA 4.5 Web Connect Feature problem
Author Message
 VA 4.5 Web Connect Feature problem

I've attempted to get the demos for the Web Connection feature working under
both Win98 and WinNT using a variety of Web servers with no luck...

I'm using the cgi-link with abtwsac.exe as my interface to VA and per
documentation everything seems setup correctly.

Any attempt to run the sample apps result in the web browser being launched,
displaying the following error message:

    "Web Server Interface Error

    The operating system reported an 'out of memory' condition."

Additionally, the WSI Monitor logs 2 errors:

    "ABT.WST.6.e:  Protocol Error: Bad Magic Cookie"
    "ABT.WSB.16.e:  Part was requested but is not available."

I'd greatly appreciate help from anyone who might know what's going wrong.

Thanks,
Bob Manjoney
McHugh Software International

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
[...]

Hello Bob,
I had the same problem. I changed the transport of my wsi-session from cgi-link
to wsi-tcp and the problem vanished. To change the transport: select "Open
a Web Server Interface Monitor" from the transcript or organizer and select the
"Start a WSI Server" push button.

Sincerely,
Urs Keller
Amag Import
Switzerland

Bob Manjoney schrieb:

Quote:
> I've attempted to get the demos for the Web Connection feature working under
> both Win98 and WinNT using a variety of Web servers with no luck...

> I'm using the cgi-link with abtwsac.exe as my interface to VA and per
> documentation everything seems setup correctly.

> Any attempt to run the sample apps result in the web browser being launched,
> displaying the following error message:

>     "Web Server Interface Error

>     The operating system reported an 'out of memory' condition."

> Additionally, the WSI Monitor logs 2 errors:

>     "ABT.WST.6.e:  Protocol Error: Bad Magic Cookie"
>     "ABT.WSB.16.e:  Part was requested but is not available."

> I'd greatly appreciate help from anyone who might know what's going wrong.

> Thanks,
> Bob Manjoney
> McHugh Software International

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Conversion stories from VA 3.0a to VA 4.5

2. Guidance using VA Web Connect - taking fat client and making it a multi-user server app

3. "VA Smalltalk-Web Connect-Contract"

4. VA 4.5 IIOP and nil objects

5. VA 4.5 >> Container Details Tree

6. api-calls in VA 4.5

7. api-calls in VA 4.5.

8. Printing in VA 4.5 (WinNT)

9. Is OLE Supported in VA 4.5 Smalltalk Server

10. VA 4.5 IIOP Examples

11. DCSTUG meeting 8/28 - IBM VA 4.5