vw ImageMaker stand alone
Author Message
 vw ImageMaker stand alone

I've tried to use ImageMaker to make a standalone application.  However when
running the ImageMaker i get an error message after a couple of seconds after
it processing the image file.  The error message is:-

unhandled exception: message not understood: #do

does anyone know how i can remedy the error?

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:14:59 GMT
 vw ImageMaker stand alone

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 vw ImageMaker stand alone
i'm relatively new to Smalltalk and have a few questions.

first off, i've been using squeak, and wanted to try out VW (vw30nc for the
macintosh).  each time i try to 'load' an image file (visualnc.im) the virtual
machine launches but stalls???

i've been indirectly using smalltalk though a program called SuperCollider.  i'm
trying to port a binary search tree/doubly linked list (this is one data
structure...) from C++ and i'm having a difficult time.

all the nodes are passed by reference, and of course there's a lot of pointer
maintenance involved.  since Smalltalk passes by value and there are no
pointers, i was curious as to how one manipulates the nodes in a tree/list.

i can provide C++ code snippets (and the SuperCollider snippets i have
completed) if that helps.  i simply need to get over this 'hurdle' of sorts.
and i'm still not used to a language where the methods must return a value...

thanks bunches.

cheers,

christian

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:21:53 GMT
 vw ImageMaker stand alone

Quote:

> i'm relatively new to smalltalk and have a few questions.

> first off, i've been using squeak, and wanted to try out VW (vw30nc for the
> macintosh).  each time i try to 'load' an image file (visualnc.im) the virtual
> machine launches but stalls???

3.0 is pretty old now - get the latest from
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk - follow the download links

Quote:

--
James A. Robertson
Product Manager (Smalltalk), Cincom

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:42:33 GMT
 vw ImageMaker stand alone
[posted and mailed]

Quote:
> i'm relatively new to smalltalk and have a few questions.

> first off, i've been using squeak, and wanted to try out VW (vw30nc for
> the macintosh).  each time i try to 'load' an image file (visualnc.im)
> the virtual machine launches but stalls???

That's very peculiar. I'd say re-check the way you're launching it and/or
try another version.

Quote:
> i've been indirectly using smalltalk though a program called
> SuperCollider.  i'm trying to port a binary search tree/doubly linked
> list (this is one data structure...) from C++ and i'm having a
> difficult time.

> all the nodes are passed by reference, and of course there's a lot of
> pointer maintenance involved.  since Smalltalk passes by value and
> there are no pointers, i was curious as to how one manipulates the
> nodes in a tree/list.

Actually, Smalltalk doesn't pass by value, it passes everything by
reference. It doesn't have explicit pointers, but when you pass an object
you are actually passing a reference to that object.
Quote:
> i can provide C++ code snippets (and the SuperCollider snippets i have
> completed) if that helps.  i simply need to get over this 'hurdle' of
> sorts. and i'm still not used to a language where the methods must
> return a value...

> thanks bunches.

> cheers,

> christian

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:22:06 GMT

1. To stand-alone or not to stand-alone

2. Smalltalk VW 2.0 stand-alone exe???

3. (VW 3.0) ImageMaker Problem (please help!)

4. VW 3.0 problems with ImageMaker ?

5. Pecularities with VW-runtimes (ImageMaker) and Envy?

6. libs for stand alone programs

7. Can any Smalltalk dialects produce stand-alone DLLs?

8. Newbie: Producing small stand-alone exes for Windows

9. ENVY in stand-alone mode

10. Stand-alone database available?

11. How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?

12. Select directory stand alone ABC template