Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?
Author Message
 Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?

Hi.  I right-clicked to get the Education Centre .msi,
saved it, it got virus checked (per normal), but when
I right-clicked and chose "Install", it gave rubbish about
not being properly formed.  I just downloaded the InstMsi.exe
thing a couple of days ago.

Also, I seem to recall when I tried this before, I had
an installation .msi for the Centre of about 800K.
This one is 900K.

I have a screen shot and can send details if anyone
wants.

I can't imagine what changed here.  I have Dolphin 4
up and working, and I've archived Dolphin 3 away.

Hints appreciated.  Thanks.

 Ask me about the Disney Vacation Club, or see  algebraist.com/dvc.htm
             "Smalltalk?  Yes, it's really that slick."
   Want to know more?  Check out whysmalltalk.com/, object-arts.com/

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?
Are you using Netscape to download?  If so, I believe that you must use
Netscape 6 (otherwise the file gets slightly "mangled" during the download).
The alternative is to use Internet Explorer (any version).
Quote:

> Hi.  I right-clicked to get the Education Centre .msi,
> saved it, it got virus checked (per normal), but when
> I right-clicked and chose "Install", it gave rubbish about
> not being properly formed.  I just downloaded the InstMsi.exe
> thing a couple of days ago.

Thu, 29 May 2003 11:06:46 GMT
 Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?
I tried using IE for the download.  Things were better
when I did the install, but it still didn't work, saying
that some 9xxxx.msi was missing from c:\windows\installer\.

Suggestions?

  --jt

Quote:

> Are you using Netscape to download?  If so, I believe that you must use
> Netscape 6 (otherwise the file gets slightly "mangled" during the download).
> The alternative is to use Internet Explorer (any version).

> > Hi.  I right-clicked to get the Education Centre .msi,
> > saved it, it got virus checked (per normal), but when
> > I right-clicked and chose "Install", it gave rubbish about
> > not being properly formed.  I just downloaded the InstMsi.exe
> > thing a couple of days ago.

             "Smalltalk?  Yes, it's really that slick."
 Want to know more?  Check out whysmalltalk.com/, object-arts.com/

Sat, 31 May 2003 01:46:00 GMT

1. Education Centre MSI file

2. "not a valid win32 application"

3. What is a valid Compiler "context"

4. "Primitive Types Considered Harmful"

5. infix"//" considered dangerous

6. "Rename" considered hazardous

7. "Rename" considered hazard

8. use of term "CGI" considered harmful

9. About ''"CooL": low-level macros considered useful

10. "USE" clause considered harmful

11. "Eiffel in Education" ***UPDATE***

12. UK&I EIG meeting: "Eiffel in Education", Bristol, 16th March