*** TORONTO SMALLTALK USERS GROUP - NEW
Author Message
 *** TORONTO SMALLTALK USERS GROUP - NEW

The Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) is proud to announce
the formation of the Toronto Smalltalk Special Interest Group.

This group meets monthly (except December) from September to May on the
last Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm at the Toronto Board of Trade.
The BOT is located on the ground floor of First Canadian Place
(at King and Bay streets) in Toronto.

Each meeting has a central presentation and theme. There is also time
set aside for any audience member to stand up and make an announcement,
ask a question, solicit business...you know, the same stuff you do in
this News Group except you have to stand up...and we can see you.

The schedule for the first three meetings is:

Thurs Sept 28
    Speaker:  Bill Hollings  (yeah...me)
    Topic:    "Smalltalk 101 - An Overview"  (to get us started)

Thurs Oct 26
    Speaker:  Colin Murdoch from ParcPlace Digitalk
    Topic:    The ParcPlace/Digitalk merger and upcoming Product Releases

Thurs Nov 30
    Speaker:  Tom Dzorevski from IBM
    Topic:    Visual Age and IBM Smalltalk

We are trying to keep these meetings informal enough so that both
newbies and gurus will feel comfortable, but organized enough so the
meetings don't degrade into Smalltalk keener anarchy.

If you are a CIPS member, attendance is free. For non-members, there
is a $10.00 charge per meeting to cover our costs. However your first
meeting is FREE and you can sign up to be a CIPS member at any meeting.
Refreshments are included.

We hope to see you all there (well, those of you near Toronto at least).

Regards...

...Bill
William Hollings
The Brenwill Workshop Ltd.
"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world
doesn't mean you are any wiser than when it reached only
to the end of the bar."
                            -- Edward R. Murrow

Wed, 21 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Toronto Smalltalk User Group - Jan.13 meeting

2. Toronto Smalltalk User Group, Feb. 26 (reminder)

3. Toronto Smalltalk User Group meeting: Feb. 26

4. Toronto Smalltalk User Group March 10 meeting

5. Toronto Smalltalk User Group: next meeting Jan. 16

6. Toronto Smalltalk User Group. Sept 9 meeting

7. *** TORONTO SMALLTALK USER GROUP ***

8. Toronto Smalltalk User Group meeting

9. *** TORONTO SMALLTALK USER GROUP ***

10. **** TORONTO SMALLTALK USER GROUP ****