ANN: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available
Author Message
 ANN: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

Hello all,

I have released version 2.01 of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin
Smalltalk. This is a multi-user source code configuration management system
that extends the development environment with project/package/class and
method versioning and change tracking functionality. Using object oriented
database OmniBase it lets multiple developers share the same code repository
to exchange and merge their code.

Version 2.01 is a patch release for version 2.0 with the following bug fixes
and optimizations:
- 30% faster loading of packages
- fixed a bug that caused a walkback when deploying applications

Apart from being ported to Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 version 2.0 also introduced
projects into the development environment. A project can have many editions
each of which groups multiple package editions together. Users familliar
with other Smalltalk CM products will notice great similarities between STS
projects, ENVY configuration maps and Store bundles.

More information about STS can be found on the following web site:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Best regards,

David Gorisek

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 01:45:22 GMT
 ANN: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available
David,

Looks great, especially with the project concept added :-).

Now what can we do to get everyone to use this?

Regards,

Peter van Rooijen

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I have released version 2.01 of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin
> Smalltalk. This is a multi-user source code configuration management
system
> that extends the development environment with project/package/class and
> method versioning and change tracking functionality. Using object oriented
> database OmniBase it lets multiple developers share the same code
repository
> to exchange and merge their code.

> Version 2.01 is a patch release for version 2.0 with the following bug
fixes
> and optimizations:
> - 30% faster loading of packages
> - fixed a bug that caused a walkback when deploying applications

> Apart from being ported to Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 version 2.0 also
introduced
> projects into the development environment. A project can have many
editions
> each of which groups multiple package editions together. Users familliar
> with other Smalltalk CM products will notice great similarities between
STS
> projects, ENVY configuration maps and Store bundles.

> More information about STS can be found on the following web site:

> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Software/8887/sts.html

> Best regards,

> David Gorisek

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 15:49:55 GMT
 ANN: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available
Peter,

I don't know, maybe ObjectArts would include it in a let's say an enterprise
version of the product?

BTW glad you like it even though there are no open editions yet as in ENVY
;-)

Best regards,

David

Quote:
> David,

> Looks great, especially with the project concept added :-).

> Now what can we do to get everyone to use this?

> Regards,

> Peter van Rooijen

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 17:36:40 GMT
 ANN: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

Quote:
> Peter,

> I don't know, maybe ObjectArts would include it in a let's say an
enterprise
> version of the product?

> BTW glad you like it even though there are no open editions yet as in ENVY
> ;-)

Which you will no doubt provide in 2.02 ;-).

Peter

Quote:
> Best regards,

> David

> > David,

> > Looks great, especially with the project concept added :-).

> > Now what can we do to get everyone to use this?

> > Regards,

> > Peter van Rooijen

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 03:57:34 GMT

1. ANN: Source Tracking System 2.0 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

2. ANN: Turtle Tracks 1.0b3 released, source available

3. Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 is Now Available

4. Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 is Now Available

5. Problem with STS 2.01 and Dolphin v4.01.1

6. [ANN] The Dolphin Smalltalk Companion - Now available

7. WinSpell 2.01 is available from cher.media.mit.edu

8. Available Dolphin 4.0

9. SUnit test suite for Dolphin 4.0 available

10. ANN: Roundup 0.4.0b2 - an issue tracking system

11. [ANN] ST3D now available for Dolphin 5.0

12. Source Tracking System 3.0 released