NYC- SMALLTALK CONSULTANTS NEEDED ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
Author Message
 NYC- SMALLTALK CONSULTANTS NEEDED ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Data Industries Ltd. a consulting firm located in NYC is looking for 5
Smalltalk Senior consultants, we are staffing these positions
IMMEDIATELY! They are full time positions, must have strong smalltalk
skills! Will pay $300/day.

We are actively trying to fill these positions!

If interested please submit resume to:

Thank You,
Paul Youkilis- Data Industries Ltd.
Technical Recruiter
315-423-2919

Mon, 22 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 NYC- SMALLTALK CONSULTANTS NEEDED ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

> Data Industries Ltd. a consulting firm located in NYC is looking for 5
> Smalltalk Senior consultants, we are staffing these positions
> IMMEDIATELY! They are full time positions, must have strong smalltalk
> skills! Will pay $300/day.

> We are actively trying to fill these positions!

Compensation of $300/day is about right for a permanent, **salaried** position,
with full benefits, for a programmer with three years experience in Smalltalk.
One of the major investment banks in NYC offered a student of mine $72k/year
last April (a permanent, salaried position)--and he only had 1.5 years experience.

However, the phrases "senior Smalltalk consultants" and "$xxx/day" strongly
imply that you are seeking persons with substantially more experience than
3 years, and are not offering permanent, salaried positions with full benefits.

Senior-level Smalltalk programmers who work as independent contractors would
typically get hourly rates better than $60/hour, even in the cheaper areas of
the country.  And in NYC, rates would be twice that.  Of course, to get such
rates, the consultant must in effect manage his own business: find his own
clients, pay his own expenses, provide his own "benefits" and do his own billing
(which may include some or all of his expenses).

However, even if Data Industries Ltd is finding the clients, handling
expense reimbur{*filter*}ts and billing the clients, the **senior** Smalltalk
consultants working in NYC should still be getting about $600/day minimum.
Otherwise, they would be better off to find work via Perot Systems or IBM's
OTP (to name just two of many possible examples).

So if you are really serious about finding "5 Smalltalk Senior consultants,"
and getting them "IMMEDIATELY," you should consider either offering a better
rate, or else offering permanent, salaried positions with full benefits
(but the salary is still a bit low, unless the job site is not in NYC or
permits substantial telecommuting).

Of course, if by "full time position" you really meant "permanent position"
(although these are not synonyms), and if by "senior" you meant "having
about 2 years experience," then you are in the right ballpark.

--
Alan L. Lovejoy         |==============================================|
Smalltalk Consultant    |       Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs!          |

Mon, 22 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Smalltalk/Gemstone Consultants needed for NYC area

2. Smalltalk Consultant Needed for NYC

3. Smalltalk Consultants Needed for NYC Area

4. VRML Consultant needed in Austin, TX area ASAP

5. US-NYC-d'town - Smalltalk VisualWorks consultant - 12 mth contract - major brokerage

6. NYC / Smalltalk (Consultant)

7. Consultant needed-NYC

8. Consultants Needed in NYC USA -- Year 2000 Coding

9. NYC CICS\DB2 CONSULTANTS NEEDED

10. Visualage Smalltlk Consultants Needed for NYC Area

11. Gemstone Consultants Needed for NYC Area

12. **NYC IS Consultant -OOA&D Pro's NEEDED!**